Walter's Fathers Day feast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Walter asked me to post these pics of his Fathers Day cook. He smoked 2 Boston butts, and a picnic over Pecan wood for 10 hrs., looks like good eats to me :!:

Nice job there amigo. Keep posting them pics and I'll end up knocking out my front teeth on this computer screen......

Captain Morgan said:
Walter, tell us more about your pit.

Well thats a good story originally it was a direct fried charcole grill, once I got it home my brain says "Self with a little work your backyard smoker is right here ," so Christmas roles right in and Niki and Santa got me a side firebox for my big gift. I good friend did all the welding for me , even fashioned a smoke stack , from a semi exhaust as a suprise. Its fairly heavy took 2 of us to get it into the backyard once the modification were done. This baby has risen to 350 so far . Biggest load was the 2 butts and the shoulder I used pecan wood and Kingsford Charcole. Between the wood and the charcole it kept between 250 and 300. Was well pleased with the results. I am looking for a second barrel to add more cooking space no luck so far ahh well. I have always held it aint the cooker with the fancy rig that wins its the skills of the one doing the cooking that wins.

wittdog said:
Looks great Walter =P~ How did you like that Pecan?

I was happy with the pecan wood , gave a mellow flavoring to the pork and smoked really good. Most of it was dry had a few slightly wet ones , did not stay wet for long with they got put in the firebox, LOL. I will be looking around for more wood to try , I am not limiting myself to one kind of wood.

cleglue said:
Walter,

It all looked really good. What kind of side box did you put on the barrel? Was it pre-made or did you have it made?

Its premade it would go on a Char Grill from Lowes a little welding of some new supports and it works really well.

Back
Top Bottom