Empty net goal...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
The good guys wear red uniforms!!

12A%20Stanley%20Cup.jpg
carolina200.gif

Not trying to be a smart a$$ here, but are there any sports that people who live in the south like or follow. It seems that whenever a sport is mentioned someone states that they either don't follow the sport or don't like it in the first place.

Again not trying to be rude, just trying to understand. Sports in the "North" seems to have a big following and it doesn't seem to be that a big a thing in the "South" or is it just because you have no professional teams in your particular city to follow? or, is it just college football and Nascar?

Bruce B said:
Not trying to be a smart a$$ here, but are there any sports that people who live in the south like or follow. It seems that whenever a sport is mentioned someone states that they either don't follow the sport or don't like it in the first place.

Again not trying to be rude, just trying to understand. Sports in the "North" seems to have a big following and it doesn't seem to be that a big a thing in the "South" or is it just because you have no professional teams in your particular city to follow? or, is it just college football and Nascar?

Tobaccy juice spittin and cow chip flingin?

Bruce B said:

We have good weather. =D> =D> =D>

Larry D. said:
The good guys wear red uniforms!!

12A%20Stanley%20Cup.jpg
carolina200.gif

I'm with you Larry on this one! Last nights game was one of the best I've ever watched! Carolina has a great coach, to bad the Islanders didn't notice that!

?[/quote]
fwiw... i don't think indoor sports like hockey and basketball are as popular in the south because we have longer warm seasons than many of you northern folks.
quote]

gotta agree with Brian on that one. though when Nashville got the preds, it gained a huge family following, most of the seats were multiple families and their kids going to have fun at the "new" sport in Nashville

Pro football, college football, high school football, middle school football, pee wee football are all great. You northerners can have pro basketball, and hockey. Not that its not good, but we really dont care.
And yes to not having pro teams here. That kills it for me. Never been to a spittin and cow turd flippin thing. Must be regional.

If I HAD to choose between hockey or soccer, it would ALWAYS be hockey!

I really tried to watch the world cup McGillicutty and it is just not good...to me at least.

However, I believe I know the answer to why the USA always sucks in this event...we can't collect 11 guys who will flop and cry at the drop of a hat who also don greasy mullets (or moo-lays for the French)!

SOCCER EATS!!

Woodman said:
Bruce B said:

Tobaccy juice spittin and cow chip flingin?
Don't forget stump kickin' and cow tippin' :!:

corndog said:
And down the road from the RBC Center is Spivey's Corner---home of the National Hollerin' Contest.... =D>
Now how could we forget that one :eek:
What are you hollerin' at? 8-[

brian j said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":21cue1vi]
Finney said:
Puff said:
corndog said:
And down the road from the RBC Center is Spivey's Corner---home of the National Hollerin' Contest.... =D>
Yankees... :lmao:

y'all are just jealous
around here we don't holler at the yankees. we just shoot them and steal there women.[/quote:21cue1vi]
Or there men. I saw deliverance! Southern women have to be pretty ugly to want to “wake up the gimpâ€

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
Puff said:
corndog said:
Yankees... :lmao:

y'all are just jealous
Goshdern right they are!

So come on seriously.....how many of y'all rebels been cow tippin'?
Don't be shy, I know you have 8-[

Back
Top Bottom