Done too early - what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1237

Sous Chef
I think it would be ok in the cooler I would also rap it around a few old towls.

Chris

Cruising said:
My daughter's graduation party is today and she asked me to make some pulled pork. The party starts at 3 (probably put food out around 4:30).

The problem is I just pulled one butt off at 10am. I double-wrapped in foil and put it in a cooler in the sun (it's suppose to hit 90 today). I took it off at 195.

The second butt isn't quite done (184 degrees and the bone test isn't there).

Is the first butt ok to sit in the cooler for 6 hours before I pull? Should I put it in the fridge and reheat in the oven this afternoon?

Help ;)
Keep it in the cooler and put some newspaper or a towel in tje cooler to help hold the heat. It will hold for 6 hrs in the cooler no problem. Congrats to your daughter.

Cruising said:
wittdog said:
Keep it in the cooler and put some newspaper or a towel in tje cooler to help hold the heat. It will hold for 6 hrs in the cooler no problem. Congrats to your daughter.

Thanks (and to Chris12.. too)...

I already did the towels (one on the bottom and a couple on top. I will add the second butt and top with towels when it is done.

Is it ok to leave on my deck in the sun - or should I just put in shade or bring it in the house (sorry for soooo many questions :) )
It should be fine in the sun. I know your going to be busy but get some pics....

Good to see you around again!!

If you are worried...stick it in the oven (in the foil) for 45 minutes or so to get it hotter...you should be fine!!

Congrats to the graduate!! =D> =D> :(

Cruising said:
Greg Rempe said:
Good to see you around again!!

If you are worried...stick it in the oven (in the foil) for 45 minutes or so to get it hotter...you should be fine!!

Congrats to the graduate!! =D> =D> :(

Thanks Greg and good to be back around :!:
I'll post some pictures of the second butt when I take it off. It's taking 2 hours longer than the first (and it's only 191 or so). I am going to take it off in about 20 minutes...

Before you stick it into the oven, stick it with a thermometer to check the meat temp. If it's anywhere near 160*, don't bother with the oven, just pull and serve.

I love it when people take close-ups and GET THEM IN FOCUS!! Nice job! :(

Some of my best butts/briskets have been ones that have stayed i my Carlilse (warmer) for 5 or 6 hours....

Back
Top Bottom