Day off Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cliff H. said:
With new mods in place I decided to give it a try.
We have Wolfe chickens. 1/2 rack of Wolfe ribs and !/2 rack of Ddog ribs

SAVE THAT PICTURE!! Your grates will never be that clean again! :grin: Got any bigger pics? :)

Here is the finished birds with one big pic for Joker. I had some issues with the modifications to my chargriller. The temp read 230-250 deg for the entire cook which was good. As a matter of fact I had trouble keeping the temp above 230 deg. The problem was that the chickens looked like they were cooking at 260-280.
It took 3 1/2 hours to bring the internal temp up to 174 deg which was expected but During that time I flat burned a rack of bb's to a crisp. :badgrin: I am going to have to tweak the baffle some. The smell of oil burning off the fire box was another unexpected problem. The steel I used for the baffle was not galvanized but I think it was producing a bad smell. Live and learn.

dsc00168medium8mf.jpg

So you pimped her out huh Cliff =D> =D>

What kind of steel did you use for the baffle?

Joker's chicken pic looked great =D>

Puff said:

I used a light weight weldable steel from Lowes. It was not galvanized but I am almost sure it is giving off a fume. I think I will replace the baffle with something a little heavier and maybe something with some rust on it just to be sure :grin: I am going to replace the aluminum angle with steel also.

Cliff H. said:
Puff said:

I used a light weight weldable steel from Lowes. It was not galvanized but I am almost sure it is giving off a fume. I think I will replace the baffle with something a little heavier and maybe something with some rust on it just to be sure :grin: I am going to replace the aluminum angle with steel also.
I did what Bruce said, use a cookie sheet, it worked fine for me :!:

I haven't told the wife yet :hide: :grin:

Cliff H. said:
Puff said:
I did what Bruce said, use a cookie sheet, it worked fine for me :!:

Metal with non stick coating or heavy foil ?
Metal with a non-stick coating, use the biggest one you can find, you can cut it down to the size you want, even if it stretches half of the cooking chamber it will still work :!:
We don't have that much space on the damn thing anyways, but it helps!
Fire bricks are positioned right as far as I can see :!:

Back
Top Bottom