Tayler Digital Instant Read Thermo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Ritch,

While I don't have the instant read therm you mentioned, I have been using Taylor Digital Probe Therms for over two years and have found their quality and accuracy to be excellent. I don't think you can go wrong.

Speaking of Thermopen, I did notice that they have raised their prices, that's getting to be quite the pricey gadget.

Thermapen blows the doors off any therms your talking about, not even close. Accurate with-in 1º and reads in 3 seconds. Name what ever you want Taylor, polder, whatever they are not the same.
Thermapen is certified for use by health depts, it is worth the $80.
Jim

I guess it all depends on what you need it for. Taylor suits me fine and the health department will never be breathing down my back for anything.

Gator Pit said:
Thanks guys. Spent two hours looking for my brand new Thermopen. Irritates me that I lost it. Think I will get a few of those Taylors to replace the one Thermo I lost. May have well just put that $80 bucks in the toilet.

Ritchie, you lost it in the toilet? It ain't supposed to be a rectal thermometer ya coonass!!!! ;) :-D 8)

James,

Preheat your Taylor before you open your pit. Stick against your pit or in the exhaust chimney or somewhere hot to get it going then open your pit.

Back
Top Bottom