Well who's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well who's cooking today? I had planned to do some ribs and build a pad for Buford, but the Mrs. nixed those plans..........at least the building a pad part. (I've worked 13 days straight and I can't say I'm not happy about her decison) I'm doing the ribs like I did on Monday I'm going to see if I can recreate those, and I'm going to do a small batch of ABT's, and dog turds (hotdogs stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon), I might even toss on some chicken parts.....Walter I managed to score some Oak this will be my first time using Oak. It is a nice fall day here in Buffalo, this is my type of weather. Anyone else out there sending smoke signals?

Greg are you beer canning it our just regular? What's a veggie? Is that the garnish my wife puts on my plate?
IMO I think I'm going to like the Oak, coming out of the stack it smells (at least to me) similar to hickory............Ribs have been on for 1 hr and the dog turds are now on........I'l put the ABT's on to go with dinner a little later.

I've got lamb chops in a marinade now. I'm gonna grill those bad boys up later on tonight. I'll be posting pics in the grilling section.

Did a whole bird yesterday. Ran out of Rosemary so I used what was left of a store bought Lemon Pepper rub. I cut the backbone out and lay the bird flat.

Nothing going on the grill here today , after working all week the wife has decided that she will fix stuff inside , its close to the 100 degree mark right now and very humid here in Denmark SC. Niki is going to make something with some hamberger meat we have here. I scored some squash and zucinni ( hope i spelled that right) . I have to clean the smoker today , thank the maker for dry vac`s . LOL

On weekends at the fire house we cook steaks for lunch. Usually with backed potato's and salad. Today we didn't break tradition. Corn and greens, tossed salad, baked tater and a large serloin steak on the grill. Its one of the perks for working on a weekend. =P~

Bill The Grill Guy said:
On weekends at the fire house we cook steaks for lunch. Usually with backed potato's and salad. Today we didn't break tradition. Corn and greens, tossed salad, baked tater and a large serloin steak on the grill. Its one of the perks for working on a weekend. =P~
We often cook on weekends at work to.

Bill The Grill Guy said:

Nothing better than a good backed potato and serloin! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3f68w651]On weekends at the fire house we cook steaks for lunch. Usually with backed potato's and salad. Today we didn't break tradition. Corn and greens, tossed salad, baked tater and a large serloin steak on the grill. Its one of the perks for working on a weekend. =P~

Nothing better than a good backed potato and serloin! 8-[[/quote:3f68w651]
It's Larry's turn today boys ~ Not mine! :evillaugh:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1iqxmo8z]On weekends at the fire house we cook steaks for lunch. Usually with backed potato's and salad. Today we didn't break tradition. Corn and greens, tossed salad, baked tater and a large serloin steak on the grill. Its one of the perks for working on a weekend. =P~

Nothing better than a good backed potato and serloin! 8-[[/quote:1iqxmo8z]

img_49614_0_68e3ec91d7cfcb2f7c7c3fd52084a5f8.jpg

Re: Smokin"

kickassbbq said:
I am trying that Quick Cook method. I have 2 Butts on right now at 350. Gonna smoke em' for 5 hours and rest for one. Supposed to the way to do it. Don't know, but I will a little later today.
http://www.kickassbbq.com/largepic.php? ... ton%20Butt
Smoke On!!!!!!
That smoker is HOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ed

I hope you injected with LOTS of liquid first. Make sure they rest for a few hours also!

wittdog said:
Greg are you beer canning it our just regular? What's a veggie? Is that the garnish my wife puts on my plate?
IMO I think I'm going to like the Oak, coming out of the stack it smells (at least to me) similar to hickory............Ribs have been on for 1 hr and the dog turds are now on........I'l put the ABT's on to go with dinner a little later.

Going to fly the chicken and grill some zucchinis and potatoes...actullay, I might stick the taters in the hickory smoke for a bit and then finish them on the grill... :D

I have been making sauce most of the day. Trying to find something for comp chicken. Going to kettle up some in a few hours and try 3 of 4 sauces my kids and I made. One was poured down the sink. Yuck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom