Case of butts on for the night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got a gig on Saturday for 125 people. It's pulled pork, macaroni salad, cole slaw and beans. Just put on a case of butts and this cook almost immediately ended before it started. As soon as I got the meat on the cookers the mother of all storms rolled in FAST. I pull out the beach umbrella and bungee cord (Thinking about you Woody) and make a make shift dry area. So I needed to push the WSM back about 10 inches, it's lit and full of meat. So I push from the bottom and all of a sudden the whole thing about tips over, but I caught it with the handle from the lid, thank God that didn't come off. One leg bent in half!! I'm holding it and wondering WTF am I going to do with meat and fire in the pit, thank God I use sand. Well I hollered inside and luckily my older daughter heard me and I had her grab a rubber mallet out of the shed and I managed to get the leg bent back to support the cooker. \:D/ If she hadn't been here I would have had a mess on my hands! Anyways, 4 butts on each WSM, all rubbed with Wolfe Rub and will be tossed in the BBQ-4-U Comp Team "Szecret Szauce" once pulled.

Sounds like a pretty auspicious beginning. Glad to here that you’re back on track. Can’t wait to see the pics of the finished product.

Finney said:
Looks good partner. Make sure to get feedback on the sauce. Take the good and the bad and we'll use all comments for upcoming revisions (if any). Can't wait for some more pics.

Will do brother!

I'm glad you thought of me but........you weren't ........touching........yourself , were you? :)

I did butts last weekend, i injected for the first time ever, it sucked!

it came out real mushy and tasted funky.

3/4 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Ok Larry now I am offically hungry again , LOL. Looks and sounds like a good meal is on the way , am looking forward to seing those butts after they come off.

Ahhhhhhhhh another wonderful night sleep thanks to the WSM. I woke up around 5:30am and I had one more degree to go before the Maverick chimed in on my beauty sleep. So I turned the alarm off and went out and rapped the legs and stirred the coals. Still have plenty of charcoal left. This was after another pretty good storm rolled through. This was the first overnighter for the newer WSM and I swear they both ran through the night like they were the same exact cooker. The whole time they were within a degree or two from each other. The temps on the butts on each cooker are both at 167*. I'll post pic's when they come off the cooker.

Larry Wolfe said:
Ahhhhhhhhh another wonderful night sleep thanks to the WSM. I woke up around 5:30am and I had one more degree to go before the Maverick chimed in on my beauty sleep. So I turned the alarm off and went out and rapped the legs and stirred the coals. Still have plenty of charcoal left. This was after another pretty good storm rolled through. This was the first overnighter for the newer WSM and I swear they both ran through the night like they were the same exact cooker. The whole time they were within a degree or two from each other. The temps on the butts on each cooker are both at 167*. I'll post pic's when they come off the cooker.

Well we now know you can't get enough beauty sleep. In those pics you posted I saw 9 butts! Eight looked good but the big butt preping everything...................of never mind! LOL

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1yozwnlk]Ahhhhhhhhh another wonderful night sleep thanks to the WSM. I woke up around 5:30am and I had one more degree to go before the Maverick chimed in on my beauty sleep. So I turned the alarm off and went out and rapped the legs and stirred the coals. Still have plenty of charcoal left. This was after another pretty good storm rolled through. This was the first overnighter for the newer WSM and I swear they both ran through the night like they were the same exact cooker. The whole time they were within a degree or two from each other. The temps on the butts on each cooker are both at 167*. I'll post pic's when they come off the cooker.

Well we now know you can't get enough beauty sleep. In those pics you posted I saw 9 butts! Eight looked good but the big butt preping everything...................of never mind! LOL[/quote:1yozwnlk]

That's it "NO SOUP FOR YOU"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom