Finally...time to cook !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Worked a horendous amount of hours last Tues thru yestarday..pretty much worked and slept, so now its "John Time"...Going to a picnic today and tomarrow and making plates to pass...Just starting a batch of bbq sauce and am writting down a recipe to share. Also making pulled pork wrapped in egg roll wraps which will be fried and served with the bbq sauce on the side. And of course jello shots...pics to follow at some point...

At least now that you have a couple days off, the weather is superb! Enjoy! :(

Captain Morgan said:
John, have you made those egg rolls before? Sounds very interesting.
You add anything besides the pulled pork?

First time...Im using Won Ton wraps and just adding a dab of my bbq sauce to each one, with a bowl of the sauce on the side for dipping...Sort of labor intensive, but hopefully worth it...

Im using pork from Wittdog..Was a take home from our gathering a few weeks back..Its excellent. I warmed/thawed it in the oven, then took it out and pulled, chopped it. My wife and daughter have been eating off it since it come out !!

john pen said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":ybj60sh9]John, have you made those egg rolls before? Sounds very interesting.
You add anything besides the pulled pork?

First time...Im using Won Ton wraps and just adding a dab of my bbq sauce to each one, with a bowl of the sauce on the side for dipping...Sort of labor intensive, but hopefully worth it...

Im using pork from Wittdog..Was a take home from our gathering a few weeks back..Its excellent. I warmed/thawed it in the oven, then took it out and pulled, chopped it. My wife and daughter have been eating off it since it come out !![/quote:ybj60sh9]
Glad your putting the pork to good use. :grin:

man it sounds like a great idea to me. Anyone got any other thoughts about wrapping q in an egg roll? I was thinking some steamed cabbage instead of the collards. Also maybe some hot mustard in there might
be good. I'd like to hear how the sauce works out.

Im thinking cabbage would turn it into an egg roll thing...Gonna throw a chuck on the WSM this week and try the same with beef..they came pretty good..Ill report back after the picnic and advise how the went over...of course with enough jello....lol

And for those that like the jello shot thing we make a second batch filled 3/4, then top it off with whip cream...the chicks love them !!! =P~

Captain Morgan said:
Do you know "Rose Colored Glasses" by John Conlee? That's a great
post-jello shot song to sing while staggering.

No, but you can be rest assured that tonight after the wife drives me home, Ill be downloading it and singing with it at the top of my lungs...

john pen said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":32wvl98b]Do you know "Rose Colored Glasses" by John Conlee? That's a great
post-jello shot song to sing while staggering.

No, but you can be rest assured that tonight after the wife drives me home, Ill be downloading it and singing with it at the top of my lungs... [/quote:32wvl98b]
:lmao: :lmao:

Well, the won ton wrapped pork was a huge success...they were gone in no time with lots of good comments....lots of beer and Jello...time for bed...

Back
Top Bottom