Brinkman Gourmet mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWJR40

Senior Cook
What kind of mods can I make to my Brinkman Gourmet?

I want to keep the temp steady, but am new to this and dont know what to do.

Thanks for the pics. I already did the grid in the charcoal pan. I was wondering how to adjust the bottom hole. Now I have an idea of what to do . I was having trouble with some ribs last weekend staying at a constand temp. I never thought of a side hole. I am going to have to give that one a try.

Thanks again

JWJR40 said:
Thanks for the pics. I already did the grid in the charcoal pan. I was wondering how to adjust the bottom hole. Now I have an idea of what to do . I was having trouble with some ribs last weekend staying at a constand temp. I never thought of a side hole. I am going to have to give that one a try.

Thanks again

Most of the time, I would only use the bottom vent when lighting the charcoal. The smoker would hold 225-250 with the bottom vent completely closed, and the side vent open about 3/8 inch. If you've done the grid in the charcoal pan, you've fixed the biggest problem (ash buildup smothering the fire) that prevented long, unattended cooks. Good luck with the Gourmet. We kid about "ECB's" but I cooked some very good bbq in my Gourmet (in my un-humble opinion). :(

Right now my bottom vent is wide open. I am doing a cook tomorrow and will try closing it to see if that makes any difference. I am going to put the side vent as you have suggested. Ill do this after my cook tomorrow. Im doing some country style ribs and may throw a few brats on at the same time.

Thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom