ABT ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do mine in the hot spot right off the firebox. I guess it's 300 degrees or so, I never put the thermo over there. I don't time them I just peek every five minutes. I like the crisp bacon too. :!:

I thought I ruined some that I grilled directly over the coals. The mixture started to turn to liquid. That did not work. I moved them away from the fire and rewrapped them for the save.

Cliff H. said:
I thought I ruined some that I grilled directly over the coals. The mixture started to turn to liquid. That did not work. I moved them away from the fire and rewrapped them for the save.
It's a delicate balance between the temp and the crisyness of the bacon. The few times I did ABT I put them towards the edge of Buford in the hopes that the radiant heat would help to crisp the bacon without lossing the filling.

I have not taken any temps on mine but I usually put mine out of the way of the direct heat coming out of the flues so the cheese doesn't melt too quick and judge it by the doneness of the bacon. Crispy all the way =D>

Back
Top Bottom