Kettle Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oompappy

Sous Chef
Thighs were marinated in Italian dressing, fresh lime juice and
a little extra vinegar. Used both charcoal baskets, one on each
side, with 50/50 mix of Hump lump & new kingford.

Skin side up for about 45 mins....

Skin side down for another 45 or so...

Skin back up, let 'em ride...

Gettin' close...

Finished!!! No sauce...

Man, they look great Pappy !! Thighs and legs are the best part of the chicken to me although back in the day when KFC cut their chicken into 9 parts vs 8, the keel was some mighty fine tasting white meat. =P~ Good job!!

Nick Prochilo said:
I agree with Bill except about KFC! Love them thighs! Nice job pappy!
You ever had one? Juciest white meat you ever tasted! =P~ I still like dark meat better but that cut is right up there.. :!:

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":rtexq19z]I agree with Bill except about KFC! Love them thighs! Nice job pappy!
You ever had one? Juciest white meat you ever tasted! =P~ I still like dark meat better but that cut is right up there.. :!:[/quote:rtexq19z]

I've never had it that I know of Bill, but I'm not a white meat person, I'm into the dark meat. Oh boy can't wait to see the comments on that!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bryan S":3op7tx43]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:3op7tx43]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3p5nfehk][quote="Bryan S":3p5nfehk]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:3p5nfehk]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;[/quote:3p5nfehk]

I was just razzing Bryan. Trying to even the score on all the redneck jokes! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1cq61z0k][quote="Larry Wolfe":1cq61z0k][quote="Bryan S":1cq61z0k]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:1cq61z0k]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;[/quote:1cq61z0k]

I was just razzing Bryan. Trying to even the score on all the redneck jokes! 8-[[/quote:1cq61z0k]
Sure you were..... 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3ns7d6h3][quote="Larry Wolfe":3ns7d6h3][quote="Bryan S":3ns7d6h3]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:3ns7d6h3]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;[/quote:3ns7d6h3]

I was just razzing Bryan. Trying to even the score on all the redneck jokes! 8-[[/quote:3ns7d6h3]

Yeah right! I never saw any redneck jokes.....I have no idea what you are talking about. :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1xvabe0i][quote="Larry Wolfe":1xvabe0i][quote="Bryan S":1xvabe0i]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:1xvabe0i]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;[/quote:1xvabe0i]

I was just razzing Bryan. Trying to even the score on all the redneck jokes! 8-[[/quote:1xvabe0i]

Yeah right! I never saw any redneck jokes.....I have no idea what you are talking about. :eek:

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3a02ix0m][quote="Nick Prochilo":3a02ix0m][quote="Larry Wolfe":3a02ix0m][quote="Bryan S":3a02ix0m]For thighs they look great. 8-[ I'm a breast man myself. =P~

Yes you are, and I've gotta say the ones you have are very nice indeed! 8-[[/quote:3a02ix0m]

Oh no, just when I was thinking Larry was normal =;[/quote:3a02ix0m]

I was just razzing Bryan. Trying to even the score on all the redneck jokes! 8-[[/quote:3a02ix0m]

Yeah right! I never saw any redneck jokes.....I have no idea what you are talking about. :eek:[/quote:3a02ix0m] :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom