ABTs tonight (Results Posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cleglue

Head Chef
I've been wanting to try ABTs so tonight is the night. I halved Jalapeno peppers, removed the seeds and the membrane, placed monterey jack cheese, small diced pork butt from last week, then I wrapped in bacon, and finally sprinkled with rub. They are on the smoker right now.

Again this is a first for me.

Those look very tasty indeed. You know I've heard that if you stuff them with crawfish tails and pineapple cream cheese you get the top of the line ABT. Cappy invented it with The Big GQ's help...or so I'm told. :razz: :razz: :eek:

Good Q!

Jack

Jack W. said:
Those look very tasty indeed. You know I've heard that if you stuff them with crawfish tails and pineapple cream cheese you get the top of the line ABT. Cappy invented it with The Big GQ's help...or so I'm told. :razz: :razz: :eek:

Good Q!

Jack

Now all we have to do is to get Garland to make them! 8-[

Re: ABTs tonight

cleglue said:
I've been wanting to try ABTs so tonight is the night. I halved Jalapeno peppers, removed the seeds and the membrane, placed monterey jack cheese, small diced pork butt from last week, then I wrapped in bacon, and finally sprinkled with rub. They are on the smoker right now.

Again this is a first for me.

Whooooa! :eek: Now, those are right up there with John Pen's masterpieces. =P~ =P~

Those look good. Scotty's filling is very good also. I have made them twice and each time has been a learning experience. One thing I learned for sure is that you should never use the direct heat method with an abt.

These things were good.:grin: They are all gone. Just me and my wife.
I will do these again.

They took longer than I thought. I used the Polder thermometer hanging in the top vent of the WSM. It maintained about 335*. I don't know what the grate temp was. It took about 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Never seen 'em wit tails but hey! ~ Gives you somethin' to grab hold of, eh? :grin: They look great! =P~ =P~

They look great Craig! I love the idea of the slice of cheese vs. mixing up the cream cheese and stuff. That just makes it easier and simpler!

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":32gzmisz]Speaking of Cappy, where has he been? Did he invent hiding also?

I'm here. Had a catering gig for 70 last night. Went well, got a 30 dollar
tip on top of getting paid![/quote:32gzmisz]

Another great performance, huh? You had to charge them plenty as it is now considered award winning "Q"!

After I clean my peppers, I stuff them with a shrimp and shredded cheese, then wrap with bacon, sprinkle on some rub and cook. Also crawhfish makes a great stuffer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom