Salmon Question... and Pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
First question..
I am doing a catering gig for a friend that includes Prime rib and Salmon. In the past I have done my Prime rib at about 300 degrees in the smoker and Normally I grill Salmon on the grill but I thought I would throw it on with the prime rib in the smoker... If I rub it with olive oil and lime pepper and toss on at 300 degrees. How long should it take and will it be good. ( I will probably do a test run this weekend anyway) I figure maybe 20-25 min. (guess)

Second question...
what would you guys charge for this.. it is drop and go for 70 people...
Prime rib (sliced 1/8" thick)
Grilled smoked salmon
steamed broccoli
roasted rosemary potatoes
garden or caesar salad

choice of 2 apetizers
-artichoke spread on french bread
-wings
-marinated tortilinni kabobs
-tortilla spirals

(no drinks, no dessert)

How much per person for 70 people...?

brother you're way too fancy for me. I just do q and such. Of course, since you do this, I'm sure you figure up your costs per serving. Once you get your costs, figure out how much per person it's costing you.

THEN CHARGE EM AS MUCH AS THEY CAN POSSIBLY PAY! That's a spread of good eats there, it depends on prices in your region, but down
here that would be in the range of 16 to 20 bucks a head!

Easy way to figure price is take your total for every thing, And I mean every thing including your shopping time, (gasoline) and multiply by 3 or 4. I'm guessing that if they can afford a menu like the one your offering, Multiplying by 4 shouldn't be a problem. :!:

Captain Morgan said:
brother you're way too fancy for me. I just do q and such. Of course, since you do this, I'm sure you figure up your costs per serving. Once you get your costs, figure out how much per person it's costing you.

THEN CHARGE EM AS MUCH AS THEY CAN POSSIBLY PAY! That's a spread of good eats there, it depends on prices in your region, but down
here that would be in the range of 16 to 20 bucks a head!

Well.. they are repeat clients AND good friends. I am makin money but not gouging them. I was figuring a little more than 17 bucks a head.

I likes the fancy stuff...tis a break from Q... and it don't take as long to cook.

Captain Morgan said:
what are these ?

marinated tortilinni kabobs
-tortilla spirals

tortilinni Kabobs... take a bag of frozen tortillini.. cook it per instructions, let cool then skewer them with salami and cheeze, pour over itailan dressing and chill - easy
http://www.alpinelace.com/recipes/recip ... peID=11570
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/recipedetail. ... Id=R050781
http://www.fsafood.com/fsacom/Recipes/R ... Shrimp.htm

tortilla spirals
spread cream cheese and salami, or pepparoini, or this or that or whatever on your tortilla.. roll up and cut into spirals... easy
http://appetizer.allrecipes.com/az/Chsy ... addtobox=1

two easy apetizers that people go nuts over

Gary why don't I see your stuffed mushrooms on the appetizer menu? Those were fantastic, I know cause I ate about 30 of them! :)

Larry Wolfe said:
Gary why don't I see your stuffed mushrooms on the appetizer menu? Those were fantastic, I know cause I ate about 30 of them! :)

Those things are like ABT's.. they are real time consuming.. so you only make those for the most wonderful peple in your life. :smooch:

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":3mrep6al]Gary why don't I see your stuffed mushrooms on the appetizer menu? Those were fantastic, I know cause I ate about 30 of them! :)

Those things are like ABT's.. they are real time consuming.. so you only make those for the most wonderful peple in your life. :smooch:[/quote:3mrep6al]

Well today is my birthday! I'll be home by 5pm, can you have them ready by then?? [-o<

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Gary in VA":2zhv37jy][quote="Larry Wolfe":2zhv37jy]Gary why don't I see your stuffed mushrooms on the appetizer menu? Those were fantastic, I know cause I ate about 30 of them! :)

Those things are like ABT's.. they are real time consuming.. so you only make those for the most wonderful peple in your life. :smooch:[/quote:2zhv37jy]

Well today is my birthday! I'll be home by 5pm, can you have them ready by then?? [-o<[/quote:2zhv37jy]

What?? I just left your place and you want me to come back.. oh.. no... wait.. your wife said not to tell you I was there.. nevermind... uh .. yeah.. sure Larry.. the mushrooms will be... umm yeah.. Happy birthday... and you are how old today... Hey.. have you talked to Bill lately.. what's he doing?

Gary in VA said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1chdaqxn]Gary why don't I see your stuffed mushrooms on the appetizer menu? Those were fantastic, I know cause I ate about 30 of them! :)
[/quote:1chdaqxn]

Where might I inquire about these mushrooms ?

Gary in VA said:
http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/v ... orum=bbq4u[/url][/quote:qhlct5wa][/quote:qhlct5wa]

I'm not bashful. 8-[ Gary made a boat load of these things and ended up leaving a tray of about 20 of them at my house. So the next day I gorged on them and ate all 20 of them by myself watching football! I was in crab/mushroom heaven! ahhhhh

Back
Top Bottom