moving right along

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is one thick slab of concrete there :eek:
Good for retaining heat, my guess is the whole thing is gonna' be a cooker :!:

That is going to be my BBQ shack. The slab is actually a 6" thick shell reinforced with rebar. The center is bagged base material.

It's been a while since you poured the base ~ I thought you might have given up on the idea. Glad to see things are moving along. It looks good!

Hey zilla, is that slab poured out of square? The post in the right rear sits on top of the slab, and the one in the right front looks like its on the outside edge. Optical illusion?

Nick Prochilo said:
Hey zilla, is that slab poured out of square? The post in the right rear sits on top of the slab, and the one in the right front looks like its on the outside edge. Optical illusion?
Nick, I noticed that too. I think they're IN each corner.

The Joker said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":fxzo9kvt]Hey zilla, is that slab poured out of square? The post in the right rear sits on top of the slab, and the one in the right front looks like its on the outside edge. Optical illusion?
Nick, I noticed that too. I think they're IN each corner.[/quote:fxzo9kvt]

I think your right.

You guys are very observant. The two rear posts were set into the concrete the width of a 2x4 because they were not buried as deep in the ground as the front posts are. The ground in my back yard has huge chunks of limestone about 6" under the top soil so he couldn't dig deeper with out bringing in some machinery. The guy that poured the slab and set the posts decided to do it like that. I was hog hunting at the time and didn't see it until I got home. Aside from getting the frame square it didn't cause any difficulty.

zilla said:
You guys are very observant. The two rear posts were set into the concrete the width of a 2x4 because they were not buried as deep in the ground as the front posts are. The ground in my back yard has huge chunks of limestone about 6" under the top soil so he couldn't dig deeper with out bringing in some machinery. The guy that poured the slab and set the posts decided to do it like that. I was hog hunting at the time and didn't see it until I got home. Aside from getting the frame square it didn't cause any difficulty.

Unfortunatly this is what I do for a living.

The posts are 6x6 and they are concreted in 13" deep holes plus the 20" of slab the front posts are in 24" deep holes. I think thats right :)

That there is a BBQ smoke shack "The BBQ-Bana" and it will be full of cooking gear. There will be room for a few folks to stand around and drink beer but I intend for it to be the outdoor cooking area. BTW thanks for the compliments I'm jazzed about it.

zilla said:
That there is a BBQ smoke shack "The BBQ-Bana" and it will be full of cooking gear. There will be room for a few folks to stand around and drink beer but I intend for it to be the outdoor cooking area. BTW thanks for the compliments I'm jazzed about it.
Make sure you send the pics of the finished product!
That is too cool!! :(

Back
Top Bottom