Prayer for Dizzy Pig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
The other forum states that Chris's house was on fire and most of the house was destroyed. One firefighter was injured. Please pray for Chris and his family. They are great people.

I'm devastated to hear that news. Chris is among the finest people I have ever known. He was telling my last weekend that his rub business has grown to the point that he has hired a full time person to help him and he was looking for commercial space to re-locate it to. It's now all destroyed, I'm sick.

Rich Decker

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":33us9h30]
Puff said:
That really sucks, is his family okay? [-o<
Bob Trudnak on the other board talked to him and posted they are ok.

Thats whats most important. Is there something as a board that we can do to help????[/quote:33us9h30]
Good idea. In the short term though, looks like he'll be ok. Here's a post from mad max:

all,

just got back from chris's house. . .damage is pretty extensive. ...chris and lan and the girls were unharmed (which is the most important thing). ...andy stoddard (night help) is there helping them out with calling insurance company etc. .. .bunch of guys (andy, hatch, brett, tuffy and others) plan on being there this evening to help them salvage and move stuff out of the house. ...lan has large family presence in the neighborhood so they will be will taken care of (food and lodging will not be an issue). .. .i'll report more when i know more later. .. .

keep the good thoughts and prayers coming, they will be needed and welcome. ...

This was posted by Chris on another forum.

Well, morning has arrived, and it was not a dream. Dang.
Gonna go get to work getting stuff out of the house. I want to thank everyone again for their kind thoughts, and a huge thanks to all who showed up yesterday to offer support. Even though not much could be done, seeing people I know an love made a big difference. Brett..Andy...thanks a ton for taking the kids out to replace their soccer stuff. I couldn't do without my friends.

We'll be out at the ranch (flowers are still blooming)all day. 4819 Briggs Road in Fairfax is where we live. Lots of offers for help, but still no idea what help we need! I guess we'll need some work gloves.

BTW, most of the Dizzy Pig operation is in the basement, and amazingly little water and smoke down there. The fire moved from the garage up into the second floor ceiling. After a few days, I plan on beginning shipping again. It's my career now, so gotta move on!

Thank you everyone. Thank you.
Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom