First try at Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that's a lean brisket GH!! Slice up one of those fatties and put the slices on top of it!!! Wooofa!!

Green Hornet said:
Yaeh I thought so too, but there is a thin cap on the bottom. We will see. :!:
Wooofa? Is that a good thing???! 8-[
:.

Ummmmm..........NO! LOL I just can't believe the butchers trim them that much!! Do you have a small aluminum pan sitting around that you could put it in while it's on the cooker? I'm not trying to scare or discourage you at all, I just don't want your first one to come out dry. Tell me to shut up if I'm offering unwanted advice. 8-[

Calling that brisket small is giving it too much credit. :lmao:
I'm with Larry, if you have an aluminum pan around you might want to hunt it up.

Hey Hornet... Have Kato knock the crud off those grates every once in a while. It's starting to look like a science experiment. :eek:

Green Hornet said:
Got a small Brisket Flat on for dinner tonight. Just a little of my own rub on and away we go!

:grin:

GH,
Not meaning to be snide, but did you get that out of the case at a supermarket? If so, next time, talk to the the butcher and ask for an untouched one still in the cryopack. If they're trimming them up like that, then they may even give you a pirce discount for a whole one out of the walk-in since the don't have to trim it. :eek:

Or find a real Butcher. My Dad, (Trekr on this board) has had a hard time trying to locate a REAL butcher in Naples. Hope you have better luck.

Yep! If you buy one in the grocery stores here, they look exactly like that! I've also seen them at Costco trimmed like that as well. Sam's is the best, they sell packers and flats, BJ's is next but they only sell flats. The butcher will be the third option, only cause they are VERY expensive! And at least the one by my house sells the same exact croyvac packers for $2.69lb, Sams are $1.38lb.

Yupper. Got this one at the local Publix grocer. It was an impulse buy. :) Practice if you will. Small enough so if I screw it up that no big deal. If it is good ...then nice lil dinner for the family. I did fill up a cast iron skillet and will keep an eye on things.
;.

Green Hornet said:
Yupper. Got this one at the local Publix grocer. It was an impulse buy. :) Practice if you will. Small enough so if I screw it up that no big deal. If it is good ...then nice lil dinner for the family. I did fill up a cast iron skillet and will keep an eye on things.
;.

Got any bacon to throw on it?

Good luck G.H., the brisket I made last week was so dry you could have made brisket powder out of it :eek:
I wish Bruce would have been here to help me 8-[
Briskets are a bitch :!:

Green Hornet said:
Woodman said:
I'd get a machine gun and take out everyone in the grocery store! :-X :-X
Cripes! Glad I don't shop by you! :eek:
It came out OK

Nice lil meal. I will remember all yer advice for the next one. :!:
Looks real juicy, not bad at all :!:
Whats the noodle dish?

Back
Top Bottom