but its a GOOD tired!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well, 700 miles round trip. We had a blast.
From left to right: Bill the grill guy, Lil'qer, Charlie Welch, Matthew, Joe Welch and "Other Bill".

Got down friday after noon and cranked up Petunia for the Anything butt. I had already prepaired my stuffed pork loin ahead of time so all I had to do is smoke and turn in. Well, I found out that it was an on site turn in for the anything butt :eek: . No problem, I just went to FL and pick up some nice plates and had a standing buffet of Pork Loin, smoked cabbage and fried potato's.

I thought the judges loved it. One even wanted to come back and finish his plate when he got done judging the other teams :grin: .

We didnt score so well after all in the AB. We got 18th.

Here are the rest of our turn ins for Saturday.

Here are how or scores went:
Chicken 31
Ribs 26
Pork 12
Brisket 18

I cant complain, this is our first big contest since 04. We had a great time and HUGE thanks to Kings Mountain Fire Department for hosting a great event.

I'll post some more pics under the Comp area.

Some big boys go to Kings Mountain. I'm surprised the chicken didn't place higher. Looks excellent. The pork also looks excellent to me, and another high finish proves it.

Not sure what brisket is supposed to look like :) .

Congrats. That comp is not an easy one.

Looks like you guys had a blast. Thanks for sharing the pics and Congrats !! :(

Good job Bill, food looks great. To bad there's not a way we could hear from you guys when your down there, to keep track of your progress.

Some Easter pot stirring.

Bruce B said:
Good job Bill, food looks great. To bad there's not a way we could hear from you guys when your down there, to keep track of your progress.

Some Easter pot stirring.

:eek: [-X

How come that BBQ looks so good to me sitting at home on Easter morning, but when I am at a comp, I don't care if I ever see another piece? Good job! :!: Woody

Nice job Bill. The food looks great. Did you get a chance to meet Ray Lampe? He was going to be a judge. It would have been a great time to get a cookbook signed.

Good Q!

Jack

Great Job Bill...

Sorry I wasnt able to be there. I really wanted to team up again on this one. NC is a tough one for us VA boys. Overall you finished middle of the pack so you were better than half of them there. Looks like you went up against some heavy hitters this year.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom