What's cooking for the Easter weekend!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Doing a rack of spares and one of bb's for tomorrow. Got a new rub I'm real excited about. My sister is coming down..the last 4 times she's visited she's requested ribs. :D

Gonna try to invite myself over to someone else's place Sunday night.

The countdown has begun for SOTB. Playing golf with Big GQ on
Thursday, and then Friday it's q for the money time.

I'm doing a rib roast on the Performer on Sunday, along with some roasted garlic redskin mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and mushrooms and some kind of good crusty bread. Other than that, I've gotta lot to do to get ready for SOTB, I'm leaving Thursday morning!

Jim you can invite yourself over to my place if you wanna make the drive!

Spose to be crappy weather this weekend. So I took today off to make a Costco run, do some yardwork, and just threw on 2 racks of loin backs. =P~ =D> 8-[

Mmm They're slurrying the corn field out back. That sure adds to the aroma of good BBQ. #-o

Picked up an 11 lb. packer, thinkin' about doin' it sat. :grin:
Mother in law's house on Sunday for some nasty dried up ham :-(

Salmon tomorrow for Sunday appitizer. Have my buckboard bacon curing and it will be on the smoker tomorrow also. And last but not least, I'm gonna try and make my own fattie. Gonna try stuffing it with prisuto & provlone.

Two eight pound legs of lamb on the Weber Platinum for Eastern Orthodox Easter next weekend. Lots of garlic, olive oil, pepa, salt, oregano...and umm other stuff. Having the crazy Greeks over...should be smashing good fun with lots of loud yelling. I hear someone is bringing minestra and Greek salad. And yes, red eggs.

For those not familiar...check out the link:
http://www.factmonster.com/spot/easter1.html

Jeff E said:
Helen, what's your method for cooking the lamb? I did a leg of lamb (much smaller than your 8 lbers) using my Weber Platinum & rotisserie once and it turned out great.

Indirect...I don't have a rotisserie YET!

Helen

I'm familiar with Orthodox holidays. My wife and I lived in a village in the Aleutian Islands in the early 70's where the local religion was Russian Orthodox. But what's the deal with "red eggs"?

Griff

I'm going to do the Brisket on sat., I was going to take some to the in-law's sunday.
Any idea's for reheating?

Captain Morgan said:
Nick, how you doing the salmon. I had a sample at Costco the other day, and it's got me thinking.

Like this Cappy!

http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/b ... t3938.html

I picked up two at Costco yesterday. 1 is going for Easter at my parents house, the other I'm going to split with a friend of mine. I've been promising him some since I started doing it like this (thanks Bruce) and will give him a big ole piece tomorrow!

Griff said:
Nick

Please tell me it's not farmed fish.

Griff
Griff, that's all we can get out this way ~ I won't buy it! :-X Maybe those in the city can find it.....

Puff said:
I'm going to do the Brisket on sat., I was going to take some to the in-law's sunday.
uh - Yeah.
Slice and keep in waxed paper. (try and save a little for the party)
Save all that juice when you take it out of the foil and slice.
Maybe throw in a little HOMEMADE beef broth if needed.

Reheat in covered foil pan with the juices/broth til just warm.

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
uh - Yeah.
Slice and keep in waxed paper. (try and save a little for the party)
Save all that juice when you take it out of the foil and slice.
Maybe throw in a little HOMEMADE beef broth if needed.

Reheat in covered foil pan with the juices/broth til just warm.

Thanks Q, didn't know how to do it :!:
I'm pretty new at this :!:

Puff said:

Keep the portion of the brisket you're taking to the in-laws in tact if you can. Slice it cold and put it in a foil pan or wrap it in foil and either put some of the reserved juices in the foil or you can add some beef broth with a touch of veg oil and heat at 325 till warmed through.

maybe I will hafta try a turkey to try on monday. the grocery store where my butcher is has a free one for shopping there....and the butcher said he would pull out a good one for me

Back
Top Bottom