Dickhead Alert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
If anyone ever has to deal with the Food and Beverage Director of the Sands Ocean Resort, be prepared to deal with a jerk.

Nick's golf party of 20 is staying there this weekend, and Nick asked me
to provide them with some bbq, etc. No problem, he sent me a check to cover the costs and I was happy just to cook for a Q Brutha.

But The Man didn't like it. I left 2 messages this week for the F and B
guy to call me, but he didn't. Today I called again and this time he answered the phone. Now right off the bat I want to tell him he's an
unprofessional jerk for not returning my calls, which explained why I
wanted to talk to him. But no, I say I'm the guy who left the messages,
and wanted to talk about the party Sat. night.

He asks if I'm a caterer, because they have a kitchen and catering is not
allowed. I tell him I'm not, I'm just doing a southern bbq for a friend and his friends from New York...who by the way, are cash paying customers
of his resort.

I knew the serving was to be done in a room called the Nicklaus room.
So I said I just wanted to check and make sure he had a table set up
in that room for me to serve the food. Actually, I wanted to cook on the premises so the burgers and chicken wouldn't have to wait, but that was
obviously out of the question.

He says that no food is served in that room, only snacks. So I'm thinking, why'd you reserve it for a dinner party, you schmuck?
So he says the leader of the group should have known that. blah blah
blah...the room was just remodeled with leather furniture, etc..

I say..Fine...obviously there has been a misunderstanding...do you have
another room where I can just put in a table and serve these guys
some damn bbq and burgers?

Then he starts..."I don't want to come across the wrong way here, I'm in the business of customer service (I fell to my knees laughing at that one), starts getting exasperated and says..."you're not a caterer?

"No, I'm a dj."

How much food are we talking about?

"It's just 20 guys...bbq, burgers, slaw, beans etc..."

Well if one of the members looks in there, it's going to be big trouble,
but I tell you what I will do..I'll put a table in there for you to serve off,
and if you get out quickly, maybe one of the members won't see."

So I'm feeling like a sneaky bastard now, causing trouble for anyone,
trying not to get this asshole fired, etc.....at least he worked with me.

But all of this could have been solved if he COMMUNICATED with someone, the golfers or me....return a phone call you stupid bastard!
Now, just cause I get lucky and call when you are by the phone, I am
alerted to a problem and was able to help solve it. He, on the other hand,
was obviously quite prepared to let me show up, find a room with no tables or anything, and let me and his 20 customers stand around with our fingers up our ass, eating off pans off the floor!

Ok, so it worked out, but attitude was absolutely shitty, and if it hadn't been for my dogged determination to COMMUNICATE and check on things, something bad may have happened. Like a roundhouse Chuck
Norris kick to a certain someone's head. I hate assholes.

welcome to the F and B persons favorite game. i have to deal with it all the time in the entertainment industry. It's not that he didn't get to return your calls, it's that he wanted to play both ends against the middle to try and force the client to purchase their much more expensive and much lower quality food. They will talk to you about exclusive rights, no outside food in their "dining" rooms. but its a load of crap. I had a venue explain to me last year that if I didnt use their exclusive caterer I would still be charged 500 bucks. Needless to say that didnt happen. For me I put the person in charge in the loop. You or Nick could've called the head of guest services and explained the situation, they tend to have more authority than a f & b guy and they also know the potential of a return visit for happy customers, might still be worth a call from Nick to guest services to smooth things out so that when the time comes this guy isnt completely in your way. good luck

I thought about calling Nick and having a rep from their party of 20 golfers (think they spend much money?) get involved, which I'm sure
would have resulted in a very quick resolution. But these guys are on
a golf vacation, I don't want them worried about that kind of shit.
I got it resolved, so I'll let it go for now. Any problems though,
I've got Nick's cell phone number, and I can tell you now, ain't no one
no where wants to deal with 20 drunk Yankee golfers. lol, I ought to sick them on that guy.

Tell him you've got a friend that's got a bunch of lethal bungee cords and he's not afraid to use 'em. He poked out one of his own eyes with one just for the fun it......and he ain't afraid of going back to jail. If that doesn't work, call Nick.

It's a strange thing down here in Myrtle Beach...the hotels don't just not care about locals, they hate them. Locals are nothing but a nuisance to these guys.

They only care about tourists, cause that's where they make their money.

A few years ago there was a big hubbub cause someone from Conway,
just a few miles west of Myrtle Beach, called in to reserve a room, and was refused when they found out where he was from. They literally refused to take his money, preferring to save the room for a tourist
who may call. Locals wrote all these letters to the editor, but nothing has changed.

It's really amazing.

You want, I can send a couple'a guys over to chat with him, den a, we'll all be on the same page, what'ya say?

Bruce B said:
You want, I can send a couple'a guys over to chat with him, den a, we'll all be on the same page, what'ya say?

Yo i'm with yous Bruce.
Say ello to my little friend :(

well the story continues.

So I arrive at the Resort at 7 and ask one of the bell hop guys to take me to the F and B guy. He leads me right to the bar, which is pretty crowded and points this guy out. So I go over stick out my hand to shake hands with him, again being nice first. He shakes, and I tell him I'm Jim Morgan, I'm here with the food for the golfers. Can you show me
where the Nicklaus room is?"

He says yeah, go back through the 2 doors outside and I'll meet you there. Great, so I go back out of the bar, in through the doors and wait.
And wait. and wait. Another employee comes by and I ask where the Nicklaus room is, which is only just around the corner. But locked. Then the employee says I think they moved you to the Mickelson room.
Hmm. Still no dickhead. So I go back to the bar, and there he is still
talking to someone. So I march up and say are we in the Nicklaus room...and he goes oh yeah, come with me. Idiot! Did he really forget
he was supposed to meet me in just 5 minutes?

So he and some other employee go and open the Nicklaus room, and there's no 8 foot table like he promised!!!!! There is a bar, and he says can you fit the pans on here? Fine I said. So he leaves, and I start unloading...the guys show up and we have a good time.

While I'm carry in the beans, some juice spills all over my shirt, I mean a lot, so I don't feel right about traipsing around the hotel looking for the dickhead. Now that my responsibilities were completed, and he couldn't ruin anything, I wanted to extend him my warm wishes. I did stop in the bar to see if he was in there, but he wasn't. I really wanted to buy him a nice big frosty glass of STFU juice.

So now I just think I'll call him Monday and tell him what a fuck up he is.

Captain Morgan said:
I really wanted to buy him a nice big frosty glass of STFU juice.

Ahh the drink that please's so many dickheads around the world! Glad it was a success Cappy. =D> =D> =D>

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":29c5et5o]I really wanted to buy him a nice big frosty glass of STFU juice.

Ahh the drink that please's so many dickheads around the world! Glad it was a success Cappy. =D> =D> =D>[/quote:29c5et5o]
Is that juice good for u? #-o
Where can I get some 8-[
Oh that's right :) you guys give it to me all the time :grin:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":39uubw6n]I really wanted to buy him a nice big frosty glass of STFU juice.

Ahh the drink that please's so many dickheads around the world! Glad it was a success Cappy. =D> =D> =D>[/quote:39uubw6n]
Another one of yer greatest inventions.....STFU juice with Captain Morgan! =D>

Back
Top Bottom