Oh cripes...I've been shot!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I don’t remember the exact thread nor how this all played out but here goes:

Someone had posted about getting in to an argument with someone about the quality of ones bbq. He explains how it’s not worth fighting over and all this other stuff. So, I decided to jump in with my post to get things going.

I posted how one night I was grilling steaks for a buddy, his friend, my wife and me. As I was cooking this friend and me were talking about how to cook steaks properly. We got in to a verbal confrontation where I ended up telling him to go have sex with himself and if he didn’t like what I was doing to get out of my house!

All of a sudden the friend whips out a gun and burns a hot one in to my shoulder. Something that none of us expected and the melee was on!

I got a number of responses offering sympathy, a number of people in shock, people wanting to know what happened to the assailant, and of course some people wanted to know if I was kidding or not.

Well, I figured I could let everyone know I was joking but then a TVWB member named Doug D questioned the authenticity of the event so I had to push all in and go for the win. I quickly went on line and got some real gunshot wound pics that were taken outside on a deck. I copied them and then posted the photos on the site to prove I had indeed been capped.

Utter amazement ran through the thread…WOW he actually got shot…but in the cover of darkness Doug D. was doing some investigating. In my haste I didn’t do a very good job of hiding were the pictures were from. So after doing some elementary background discovery he saw that I was bluffing and then called me out!

Well, I was totally busted! I had no where to run for cover and I was fully exposed for being a douche bag liar…but I countered with a borage of insults and quick lined cover-ups calling HIM a liar, an un-sympathetic idiot and the line that has become famous “The D in Doug D must stand for “Dâ€

And its been said that I have been out of line............actually i gotta say I am quite impressed!!!!! Way to go greg, that is something that even I would of never thought of. I see you on a totally different level. Is that thread still available, I would love to see it!!!!!!

no that thread was locked and deleted within a matter of minutes!

Let's hear it for our fearless leader! Without that idiocy, this board may never have been started!! 8-[

Kinda like one of my stories. Last summer I went camping and fishing with a couple of buddies, Charlie and John. We went about 20 miles in Charlie's river boat and camped for two days on a gravel bar. Coming home we loaded all our gear in the back of John's pickup. I got dropped off at home first. A month, or so, later, I couldn't find my long barrel .44. I though maybe I left it in the back of John's truck and one of my buddies had it. I knew they would fess up to it if they had it, but also knew they wouldn't volunteer if they did have it. I called Charlie first and he said "Griff, I don't think you even took that pistol on the trip." I called John and he was sure I took it because "That first night when I got really drunk, you threatened to shoot me with if I didn't quit drinking."

Incidentally, I later found the pistol in the back of a high closet shelf where I put when my four year old nephew came to visit.

BTW, I really was shot in the shoulder about eight years ago. But I'll never tell that story.

Griff

Well Greg, It was a good story back then and it is still a good story today. You fessed up and that was all you could do. F&%k Doug D.

Greg, you started this board after that event? What was TVWB?
Very inventive =D>

Puff said:
Greg, you started this board after that event? What was TVWB?
Very inventive =D>

Puff, take a look here
http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

14.gif

Nick Prochilo said:
Well Greg, It was a good story back then and it is still a good story today. You fessed up and that was all you could do. F&%k Doug D.

Another question Nick....do you remember Tyrone? from back around that same time frame. Tyrone Washington I believe. Ah yes, things were sure hoppin' back in the good ol' days.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1sp5nohu]Well Greg, It was a good story back then and it is still a good story today. You fessed up and that was all you could do. F&%k Doug D.

Another question Nick....do you remember Tyrone? from back around that same time frame. Tyrone Washington I believe. Ah yes, things were sure hoppin' back in the good ol' days.[/quote:1sp5nohu]

It was a good story! Freaking Greg is a nut!

Thank you for sharing the whole story Greg! Good one! Hey at least you tried to pull it off and might have succeeded if not for D. LOL

Now my curious mind can finally rest tonight!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Bruce B":3hewvzxh][quote="Nick Prochilo":3hewvzxh]Well Greg, It was a good story back then and it is still a good story today. You fessed up and that was all you could do. F&%k Doug D.

Another question Nick....do you remember Tyrone? from back around that same time frame. Tyrone Washington I believe. Ah yes, things were sure hoppin' back in the good ol' days.[/quote:3hewvzxh]

It was a good story! Freaking Greg is a nut![/quote:3hewvzxh]

An attention whore from way back. :)

Liar????

Hey, you guys, almost everything I say on these forums is a lie!!! I don't even like BBQ, let alone know how to smoke it.
Gotch all!!!!!!!!
Crack Head Ed

Back
Top Bottom