Mustard Slather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

los

Assistant Cook
Hey do many of you guys use a mustard slather before you apply your rubs? I've been using one for a few months now, and have been pleased with the results.

Use it mainly on pork butts, rarely on brisket, not on ribs. I really don't notice any appreciable benefit though. I tend to rub the meat about 4 hours or so prior to the cook and then another light dusting just before hitting the fire.

Yes on butts Ribs get Whatsthishere Sause and Rub
Paul Kirk sure belives in it puts it on most things

Yeah, I started using after I read Paul's book. It produces a nice bark.

Guys, after reading the responses on this my first post...I know I'm in the right place!

los said:

Guys, after reading the responses on this my first post...I know I'm in the right place!
Welcome home =D> :grin:

los said:

To bad this is in the BBQ section, I would... but i know it would get deleted.

I've tried mustard before rub on butts meh ... wouldn't bother with it again ... big mess for little difference in my attempt ... I like 'double rub' ... rub, overnight, rub, cook like with Mr Brown rub

ribs with a mustard slather might be interesting though

Only done it on my butts, done some with and without..didn't notice the diff. Guess Ill have to pay attention now!

As usual, I can't make up my mind, so I use both worchestershire and yellow mustard. Guess if mustard is good to use and so is W sauce then using both must be twice as good !!

Al

Butt and ribs I use yellow mustard and rub.
The one and only real brisket worcestershire sauce and rub.
All are coming out great.

I'm still new at making Good BBQ.

Back
Top Bottom