First Cook on the WSM in a Looong time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I haven't cooked on my WSM in over 6 months, so I fired it up today. I got an inquiry from someone who's wife is a diabetic and asked if I could make Wolfe Rub with Splenda vs. sugar. So I made up a batch with Splenda and decided to try it on some spare ribs. They've been on the cooker since noon, I'll update some pic's later. By it's self it was pretty good. The first rack ribs with Splenda Wolfe Rub are the first ones in the first pic, and the ones on the left in the second pic.

Looks real good!

3.gif

Almost done, one more hour and it'll be dinner time. Here they are right after I pulled them out of the foil. I cannot see any difference yet between the regular Wolfe Rub or the Wolfe Rub w/Splenda.

Splenda WR on the left, regular WR on the right.

Splenda WR

Regular WR

Woodman said:
Larry, how many freezers do you have?

I have three freezers, but what's not eaten of these ribs will be eaten for dinner tomorrow. The sliced beef if for lunch tomorrow.

Okay here we go! Honestly, I could not tell one bit of difference between regular Wolfe Rub and Wolfe Rub with Splenda. Texture, tenderness, sweetness and moisture were pretty much identical, I was plesantly surprised.

Splenda Wolfe Rub

Regular Wolfe Rub

Splend on the left, regular on the right

deputynrc said:
This prolly doesn't belong here but how do you post pictures like Larry with out having to link to one of the off sites? :dunno:
If you have it stored on your computer... Use the upload image thing right under the PREVIEW and SEND buttons when you are posting.
First BROWSE to select the picture then hit UPLOAD. That will open another page and then just copy link #1 and paste it in your post. :!:

Jeff E said:
Finney said:
How many times I got to ask?
How about the taste compared to 'reg' WolfeRub?

[quote="Larry Wolfe":3dmijpmx]Okay here we go! Honestly, I could not tell one bit of difference between regular Wolfe Rub and Wolfe Rub with Splenda. Texture, tenderness, sweetness and moisture were pretty much identical, I was plesantly surprised.

Finney,
You must have got distracted by all the pretty pictures & forgot to read what Larry said in his post. :)
Those ribs look great Larry. I may do ribs in my WSM this weekend.[/quote:3dmijpmx]

Thank you Jeff, I was just getting ready to post that.

deputynrc said:
This prolly doesn't belong here but how do you post pictures like Larry with out having to link to one of the off sites? :dunno:

Larry's pictures are actually on the imageshack website I believe. If you click on the image it takes you to the imageshack. When you put your images on the imageshack site you can add certain images to post on a forum and it will create a URL for you to post here.

Finney,
If you use the upload image provided here doesn't it actually post your pictures on the ephotohut.net site?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom