Hi Jane!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome Jane! We need your help along with the other ladies here (not including Chris F :-D ) in keeping the boyz in check!! ;)

:taunt: :lmao: :smt110 Now I gotta get back to work!! :broom:

Chris Finney said:
Welcome Jane. Hope you'll be here at least as much as the TVWB.

And Billma, that hurts coming from a 'Domestic Goddess' like yourself. :smt061
Actually, I'm jealous. I'd love to be a 'Kept Man'. :pickme:

Chris, if you need a hand slapping that bitch Bill in the face, let me know!

:smt075

Jane, what part of Tucson are ya in? My dad lives between Swan and Craycroft-South of Sunrise, north of River. When I stay out there, I go walking on Swan from River to the end of Swan. It sure do get steep that last mile! Also, hiked all over the Santa Catalinas and Santa Ritas. Did Mt Wrightson (sp) last year. Now that's a view! What's the name of that BBQ place owned by the local restaraunt baron? "Smokin"? pretty good if I remember. Welcome Jane! Woody

Hey there Jane,

Welcome. The beautiful thing about this site is if you don't like it's direction.... stick around it'll change in 10 minutes.

BTW, I used to watch the Galloping Gourmet too. Hate to admit it but Mr. Kerr had a disproportionate effect on my own development.

Was kind of wondering something about Tucson is a restaurant named Janos, in the old town area, still around?

Wife and I had an absolutely wonderful time there many years back.

Oh well,

This was before he won the James Beard award. I was staying in the Weston LaPaloma on business and my wife, fiance at that time, flew out to join me.

NO way could we afford $250 for dinner and I bought the darn book because I wanted to know how to make jalapeno ice cream in a cinnamon fritata.

It was a lovely restauant and a lovely evening and a lovely trip and a lovely city. Nice to know at least the city and the memory are still there......

Nah, Good for you. If that's what you like then that's what you should do. I remember for our first anniversary we went to Sign of the Dove.

Caviar, Champagne, appetizers, desert, more money than ...... but the memory is priceless.

My parents still talk about the time they went to Paris on their honeymoon in 1956. Dad was used to the Mobil travel guide and thought four stars was well... a Mobil four star not a Michelin. Believe the place was called Cardenal.

My folks were from blue collar Philadelphia and Dad called the Maitre De, explained and asked for help. Apparently they were treated like royalty and still talk about it. Dad didn't know the first thing about wine and the house helped them out.... a '52 Petrus which the house must have bought them for what the tab came to.

Four years ago they went back there for their fortieth. Same maitre de was there. Can you imagine they had the same wine available for them? (well maybe my siblings and I had a thing to do with that and my folks didn't pay for it but it wasn't on the house ;) ) But they still talk about it......

Jane, he is on Avenida del Cazador. Mt Wrightson is the peak you see when you look to the southeast from Tucson. Lemmon to the north. Rincon to the east. Wrightson to the south. "A" mountain to the west! Baboquivari to the way south. I can see it now............

GlennR said:
ROB O said:
My parents still talk about the time they went to Paris on their honeymoon in 1956. Dad was used to the Mobil travel guide and thought four stars was well... a Mobil four star not a Michelin. Believe the place was called Cardenal.

My folks were from blue collar Philadelphia and Dad called the Maitre De, explained and asked for help. Apparently they were treated like royalty and still talk about it. Dad didn't know the first thing about wine and the house helped them out.... a '52 Petrus which the house must have bought them for what the tab came to.

Four years ago they went back there for their fortieth. Same maitre de was there. Can you imagine they had the same wine available for them? (well maybe my siblings and I had a thing to do with that and my folks didn't pay for it but it wasn't on the house ;) ) But they still talk about it......

Rob- This is a really great story. Thanks for sharing.

ARE ALL THE REMPE(S) BUT AIRBOSS GAY? :rds: I THOUGHT WE LEFT THE TOUCH-IE, FEEL-IE SITES. :smt100
Just kidding. It was nice what you guys did for your parents Rob. ;)

Chris...I am going to go ahead and speak for Glenn on this one also when I say:

HEY CHRIS...FUCK YOU!!!
:slap: :smt097 :smt097

Back
Top Bottom