BBQ Central

BBQ Central (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   New Member Signing In! (https://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f30/new-member-signing-in-3462.html)

Larry Wolfe 02-11-2006 07:23 PM

Welcome aboard Dawg!

john pen 02-11-2006 08:14 PM

Welcome Dawg..we love pics here.. !!

Greg Rempe 02-11-2006 09:11 PM

Great to have you!! :biggrin:

Nick Prochilo 02-11-2006 10:20 PM

Hey dawg, welcome aboard!

WalterSC 02-11-2006 11:58 PM

Re: New Member Signing In!

[quote="ashkickndawg"]Howdy all,

Hiya Chad , looks like we are neighbors kind of I am in Denmark SC not far from the GA border near Augusta. Welcome to the board , this is a great place , we are a active bunch to be sure. Your rig sounds great one of these days with any luck I would like to have one myself , till then I do most of my smokeing on a 55 gallon drum smoker with a offset firebox.

Woodman 02-12-2006 06:35 AM

Welcome Chad. Good to have ya here. Are you planning on catering with that rig? Woodman

Captain Morgan 02-12-2006 07:00 AM

wazzzup Chad Dawg!

Bruce B 02-12-2006 08:42 AM

Welcome Chad, good to have you on board.

Captain Morgan 02-12-2006 04:20 PM

What happens in Myrtle Beach stays in Myrtle Beach.

Next time you come up this way, we'll play a round, so to speak.

Woodman 02-12-2006 06:18 PM

Oh man, I just cleaned up my clubs for twelve days in Tucson and Scottsdale visiting the folks at month's end! Haven played since October!

Captain Morgan 02-13-2006 06:53 AM

Chad, hate to tell you this, but Belle Terre closed last fall...going to be re-developed into housing...that's happened to 7 courses over the last 3 years (we still got over 100). Property values have skyrocketed.

What hurt about Belle Terre was my company had an account there...I could play free anytime!! Got Bill The Grill Guy on before they closed.

WalterSC 02-13-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkickndawg
OK fellas all this talk about golf as got me wanting to get my sticks out. I say we all meet at Capt. Morgan's place down in Myrtle Beach. I can probably get us on pretty cheap at Belle Terre or Wild Wing, maybe even the TPC if the guy I know still works there. Will play $5 / hole, Greenies and Sandies $1, Snake $1 with carry overs. Winner buys the Q. What say you?

I hate to admit it but the only thing close to playing golf I do is "goofy golf", I dont even own any clubs. I reckon I should learn to play one of these days incase I retire.

Bruce B 02-13-2006 09:00 AM

Hey Walt don't feel bad, I've got a real nice set of clubs and sometimes I get accused of playing goofy golf. It's all good though, you just have to remember that we "play" golf and not take it so serious that we start throwing things. :grin: :grin:

WalterSC 02-13-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce B
Hey Walt don't feel bad, I've got a real nice set of clubs and sometimes I get accused of playing goofy golf. It's all good though, you just have to remember that we "play" golf and not take it so serious that we start throwing things. :grin: :grin:

Thanks Bruce , I did try to learn but I kept trying to KILL the ball using all my strength , the pro at the time got pissed and ended my lessons, something to the effect that us football players no matter what our age should stick to what we do best, LOL.

Bruce B 02-13-2006 09:59 AM

If I took his advice I'd be sitting at home drinking all day...come to think of it, when it comes to drinking, I ain't as good as I once was. :grin:

Captain Morgan 02-13-2006 03:09 PM

Chad, Wild Wing was sold and is the planning stages of re developing one of the courses...they promise the other two will remain. One of the prizes we won at Smoke on the Beach was a free round at Grande Dunes, which I haven't played yet. Looking forward to that.