Rollin out Hottie for a cook tomorrow.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well, the weekend is sposed to be so crappy that I am cooking tomorrow instead of Sunday because the wind factor will be less. I am doing 5 briskets and 9 racks for a Super Bowl party Sunday. Haven't had her outta the garage since 11/01! Using Wolfe Rub on the ribs and Texas BBQ Rub Brisket Blend on the briskets. I'll take plenty of pictures!

GlennR said:
Woodman said:
Super Bowl party Sunday.

"The National Football League regrets to inform you have used the term "Super Bowl" in absence of an official sponsorship agreement. The implied association with the NFL is an egregious affront to our paying sponsors and we hereby request termination of all such actions taken to create said implied relationship. Hereafter you may only refer to the NFL's trademark "Superbowl" as "the Big Game" or a similar non-protected phrase. Cease and desist or we'll sue for the Texas Hottie II and all of her delicious contents! Come to think of it, we might just do that anyway!"

"The National Football League also apologizes for being off topic ":eek:fftop: :grin:

I meant "Super Bowel"

Just got my first taste of the "Wolfe Rub". I like it. Nice bite but , even more important than flavour to we caterers; it is free flowing! Good stuff Larry!

Woodman said:
Just got my first taste of the "Wolfe Rub". I like it. Nice bite but , even more important than flavour to we caterers; it is free flowing! Good stuff Larry!

Thanks Woody, glad you like it! The flavor and aroma get even better once you start cooking with it! Looking forward to your review when the food is done!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Woodman said:

Thanks Woody, glad you like it! The flavor and aroma get even better once you start cooking with it! Looking forward to your review when the food is done!!

That seems to be the big improvement over the old stuff.

Well, the Wolfe Rub is a big hit on the ribs. Laura said they were the best I have done. I used straight Wolf Rub. Then, I doused them again when I foiled. Used almost 2 lbs on 9 racks. Picked up three duck breasts and smoked em too. I'm going to do a smoked duck and andouille gumbo tomorrow. Briskets took longerr than I thought. About 12 hours for 7-8 lb'ers. Pit held temp great. Used a bunch of hickory on the ribs, pecan and oak on the briskets. I also smoked a lb of Kosher Salt for cooking. I took a ton of photos . Not really any of the finished stuff though!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.j ... 2c9rv&Ux=0

Got hung up on 2 sales calls...was going to pop over and see how it was going! You need to take better pics Dave!! :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom