Pastrami Cook w/Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Began curing an 8.9# brisket flat last Tuesday using the cure from the TVWB site. Rinsed and soaked the flat this morning and cut a notch indicating the grain of the meat. Notice the redness of the meat indicating the cure went through the whole flat.

I placed the finishing rub on the flat, lit the WSM, using 3 1/2 chunks of Pecan wood. Maintaining 225º-235º temp and going to 165º internally. The finish rub consisted of and is a blend of the TVWB and Randy Q's finishing rub:

3 T freshly ground black pepper
1 T ground coriander
1 T granulated garlic
1 T onion powder
2 t Canadian/Montreal Steak seasoning
1 t thyme, dried
1 t paprika

Here are some pictures, I will post the finish pictures to the same album later today.

http://community.webshots.com/album/546832507jXNhds

Captain Morgan said:
I've noticed that also.....that Bruce has gone crazy.

Thanks for the set up, Finney.

I'm hoping someday to get a try out for the BBQ-4-U cooking team. Practice makes perfect. :)

Bruce B said:
The Virtual Weber Bullet, it's a web site dedicated to the Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.

www.virtualweberbullet.com

They have the coolest little smiley on that site.... I think it's ...
wsmsmile8gm.gif

The guy that made that is a frickin genius. :(

Bruce B said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":21qwsxmv]I've noticed that also.....that Bruce has gone crazy.

Thanks for the set up, Finney.

I'm hoping someday to get a try out for the BBQ-4-U cooking team. Practice makes perfect. :)[/quote:21qwsxmv]
Come down and join us at SOTB. If we let Larry cook with us, we'll let anybody. #-o

You guys promise there will be no Bunghie chords around? :faint: :eek:uch: :eek:uch: :eek:uch: :eek:uch: :eek:uch: :lmao: :lmao:

Final sliced pics of the pastrami are up. Click link above. It tastes great with a good peppery bite to it.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":30j2bvuq]Oh man...that looks great Bruce! I'll have one on rye!!

Only white bread for you.[/quote:30j2bvuq]
LOL! I couldn't bring myself to say that for fear of being deleted!! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom