Pork Butts Cookin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
26º, not a cloud in the sky, no wind, Mr. Jack and Coke in one hand, and the smell of hickory and apple wood wafting through the neighborhood. Ahhhh!

3 pork butts went on the WSM at 8:30, total weight just over 23lbs, rubbed with Wolfe Rub, Slabs BBQ Rub and Billy Bones Competition Rub. Dinner tomorrow and the rest going in the freezer.

Going to foil one of them when it hits 170 and see if BTGG knows of what he speaks. Now where did I put that headlamp??????? Got to go...need a refill.

Will shoot some pics in the morning

Sounds like a goos start...between you and Bill, I am going to do a pair tomrrow night in to Saturday!! Looking forward to the snaps!! :D

Good morning all, here's the 8am progress report....WSM's humming along at 243...pork butts sitting at 181-184. Waiting for that 195. Need more coffee...pics later.

Bruce B said:
Hey Finn, you ever try a sauce called Sheely's or Shealy's, not sure on the sp.?

I've had it. I like it. It dosen't have quite as much snap as the Rev's. Good on pulled pork, pork loin and chops. Not bad on chicken wings.

Good Q!

Jack

I've been to Shealey's in Batesburg. They have a "red" sauce available. I can't say it stood out as something fantastic. Kind of like Dukes red sauce. Shealey's is "famous" for their mustard sauce. I can't recall ever seeing their red in the stores. Pig Wig. carries their stuff. I'm visititng one today to get some rasberry vinegar. I'll check it out.

If you are at Shealey's ask for the Pulley Bone Sammy.

Good Q!

Jack

Yeah, that's it Cap, the red sauce.

Here are some pics of pork butts I did overnight.

I'll get some later when I pull them. I have to tell you guys though out of the three rubs I used Larry's Wolfe Rub blew the other two away. Some of the best tasting pulled pork meat and bark I've tasted. He nailed it with this rub.

The toothpick sticking out of the one is just something to keep track of which rub is on which butt.

http://community.webshots.com/album/546801082pHwaav

I'm with you Bruce on Larry's rub. We did fahitas the other night with leftover chicken and steak. As I was heating the steak, I sprinkled a little of the Wolfe rub on it, man it was great. Today for lunch I had leftover chicken and sprinkled some on it....BINGO!

Back
Top Bottom