4 Butts Are On!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Joker said:
Pulled them at 5:10 ~ 22.5 hours after start. Butts were 191º and 192º. There's another hour or 2 of fuel left in there too...

Is that on just one load of fuel or did you have to reload?

Original load, Oompappy. It was mounded but I prolly could have gotten 10 or 15 more coals on there.

Bob, there’s no opening on the top of the jacket which means all of the forced air has to exit the bottom between the jacket and the WSM. BTW, it’s not all that tight ~ Maybe an inch or 2 gap all the way around. I’ve had moisture drip before but never that much. I’m thinking that the wind and cold temps caused most of the vapor to condense prior to venting.

The Joker said:
Pulled them at 5:10 ~ 22.5 hours after start. Butts were 191º and 192º. There's another hour or 2 of fuel left in there too...

Resting in the cooler.......
Longest cook I've had on a FULLY LOADED WSM was 28 hrs. That's when I took the meat off and shut the vents. Probably didn't have a whole lot left in her. And it was warm outside.

The Joker said:

Resting in the cooler.......

Thats why I FOIL. :!:

Nice job Bill, they look great. I suppose if you were interested in rushing your BBQ you could have used foil, and been done earlier, sure you could have. But low and slow is what it's all about, not low and I don't have time for this any more. Great job!!

:pop: :lmao: :pop: :lmao: :pop: :lmao: :pop: :lmao: :pop: :lmao: :pop:

Bill,

Wind is blowin in the right direction, I can smell em from here!
They look great!! Hope they are as tastey as they look!

Cheers

Joke

You serve as an inspiration to me. I'm getting low in the freezer and need to smoke some butts. However, we're having a cold snap and I'm gonna wait until the temp gets above zero.

Griff

Bruce B said:
Nice job Bill, they look great. I suppose if you were interested in rushing your BBQ you could have used foil, and been done earlier, sure you could have. But low and slow is what it's all about, not low and I don't have time for this any more. Great job!!
Exactly! I never cook butts on a "Gotta be done by XX O'Clock" schedule. [-X Thanks for the comments. We pulled one for dinner and the rest after the kids went to bed ~ Got enough in the freezer for a month or 2.. :!:

Steve McMurtry said:
Bill,

Cheers
Musta been purdy potent bein' as the winds were outta the north west :eek: It was great as usual ~ Texas BBQ Rub is the best !! You still got any that I catapulted you? :!:

Griff said:
Joke

You serve as an inspiration to me. I'm getting low in the freezer and need to smoke some butts. However, we're having a cold snap and I'm gonna wait until the temp gets above zero.

Griff
I hear the winds don't blow that much in your parts ~ Fire that bi _ _ _ up! :!:

The Joker said:
[quote="Steve McMurtry":1abpy5wp]Bill,

Cheers
Musta been purdy potent bein' as the winds were outta the north west :eek: It was great as usual ~ Texas BBQ Rub is the best !! You still got any that I catapulted you? :!:[/quote:1abpy5wp]

I would say you're off the WolfeRub corporate Christmas card list now. :)

Finney said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Steve McMurtry":2h29gv8h]Bill,

Cheers
Musta been purdy potent bein' as the winds were outta the north west :eek: It was great as usual ~ Texas BBQ Rub is the best !! You still got any that I catapulted you? :!:

I would say you're off the WolfeRub corporate Christmas card list now. :)[/quote:2h29gv8h]
What was your 1st clue?? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom