Smoked my first butt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
finally found a butcher that new what I was looking for. found a 7.8 lbs butt, rubbed with a little s&p then then lit up the coals. Ended up cooking for 17 hours at 235, only spiked once when the wind really kicked up but got it back down quick. The weber remote thermometer that my wife grabbed when she picked up my WSM crapped out with about 4 hours left...ordered Maverick ET 73 already. Still came out wonderful, nice bark, nice smoke ring, really moist and a wonderful flavor, the wife ate at least a sammitch worth while i pulled it, after swearing she didnt want any. amazing what a Tennessee boy will learn when you move him away from good cue on so many corners. Thanks again for all the info and help on this site...I'm hooked. now if I just didnt have to import country ham up here to PA things would be perfect.

AWSEOME JOB!!! Glad all of the info helped out! Now, how about a brisket and some picutres!! :!: :grin: =D>

Great job!! You'll be really happy with the Maverick! Congrats on your new purchases!!

cflatt said:
finally found a butcher that new what I was looking for. found a 7.8 lbs butt, rubbed with a little s&p then then lit up the coals. Ended up cooking for 17 hours at 235, only spiked once when the wind really kicked up but got it back down quick. The weber remote thermometer that my wife grabbed when she picked up my WSM crapped out with about 4 hours left...ordered Maverick ET 73 already. Still came out wonderful, nice bark, nice smoke ring, really moist and a wonderful flavor, the wife ate at least a sammitch worth while i pulled it, after swearing she didnt want any. amazing what a Tennessee boy will learn when you move him away from good cue on so many corners. Thanks again for all the info and help on this site...I'm hooked. now if I just didnt have to import country ham up here to PA things would be perfect.

HELLO, where are the PICS?

about 10 bites into it , it hit me i shoulda got the camera out, then i put another bite in my mouth and decided thats a good excuse to do one ...or a brisket again soon....makes a dad proud when his non-shoulder/butt eating daughter came down and asked for it in her lunch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom