How to trim spareribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I filet the trimmings and grill them up real quick. Put them on a bun with a sauce of your choice and eat them up. Like a real good McRibs sandwich!

If there is a Target near you I would recommend you try their St. Louis ribs. IIRC they are Hormel, trimmed nicely, and a good price. I stopped trimming my own when I discovered them. Having said that, I am going to try smoking the whole spare rib next time.

John

Nick Prochilo said:
I filet the trimmings and grill them up real quick. Put them on a bun with a sauce of your choice and eat them up. Like a real good McRibs sandwich!

Nick, I'm not sure what you mean by "filet". Could you be a bit more specific? Thanks.

Griff

Griff said:
Nick Prochilo said:

Nick, I'm not sure what you mean by "filet". Could you be a bit more specific? Thanks.

Griff

Griff, I trim the trimmings! Take your time and cut all the meat from all of the little bones that are left. They come out small and scrappy looking, but a little rub and on the grill and you have some good eats. Just something to hold you over until the ribs are done.

Back
Top Bottom