Rib Cook on the Kettle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
I prepped and rubbed 3 racks of loin back ribs with Wolfe Rub at 11am and placed them in the refrigerator.

At 1:45pm I set up my Weber Kettle as a smoker using the BBQ Baffle and placing a drip pan with water on the opposite side and a drip pan over the coals.

Used the Minion Method and lit 10 briquettes and added them to approx. 40-50 in the kettle. I used Guava Wood for the smoke and placed ribs on the kettle at 2:15pm

At this time the kettle is running at 238º with all bottom vents closed, hoping for it to settle in around 245º-250º.

Will keep you posted and will have pics later.

Took the ribs off at 6:45pm due to time constraints with wife & daughters dance class, they really could have used another 1/2 hour but they were 95% done.

Used 3 sauces KC Masterpiece Original and Classic (my new favorite) and Ole Rays Apple Cinnamon.

Weren't falling off the bone but the bone came clean with one bite and a little tug. Great flavor and good smoke ring. Liked the aroma of the Guava Wood and Larry's rub added a nice crust to the ribs with tender meat underneath.

Finished pics are here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/542231790THIDhk

57º and sunny today Nick, thanks for caring!!!

Bravo Bruce. Great looking ribs. How did they tast with the Wolfe Rub? I've never had the pleasure of trying Wolfe Rub.

Finney said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Bravo Bruce. Great looking ribs. How did they tast with the Wolfe Rub? I've never had the pleasure of trying Wolfe Rub.

You've eatten at Larry's... You've eatten WolfeRub.

Finney is correct Mr. Small, you've had it before!! But I guess I need to get some Wolfe Rub in the mail!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom