Bear meat cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
That was good to hear. You know in hindsight, the bear is closely related to a pig. Maybe it's a natural for low and slow. I guess it depends on how fat the bear was. Glad the guy that shot the bear, gutted it, butchered it, and packed it out enjoyed it. Good job ZBQ. Do you have any idea what the hunter estimated the bear's weight at? Just for grins, do you know the specifics on the rifle and cartridge?

Griff

ZBQ,

Did you use the Kamado Extruded Coconut Charcal? I have 5 boxes left in my garage from a pallet split I did with two other guys last year. I use it sparingly and only on long cooks. It is without question the "Best" I have ever used. It burns consistent and long.

I did pork butts soon after I got it and had cooking temps in the WSM for just over 34 hours on a full charcoal chamber of Kamado.

I check their website occasionally to see if anyone in my general area is doing another pallet split.

ZBQ

Moose Pass is a neat little town. I'll look your buddy up next time I charter out of Seward. How'd a guy from Ohio end up best buds with a guy from Moose Pass? Send me a pm the next time you come through Anchorage.

Griff

Back
Top Bottom