Lump test tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
Pigg Wigg brand in the kettle right now!
Gonna light it up and do some thighs...not gonna add any chunks or
chips so I can better guage the flavor of the lump. Been feeling lately that I've been tasting kingsford in the meat, and I want to see if I'm crazy.

It's been over a year since I used lump...anything I should remember?

Wish I could help you out there Cappy. I had a few bags of lump and gave it away to Larry. Just doesnt work well in my stick burners. I use one chimney of Kingsford and the rest wood. Let us know how it turns out.

by the way Finney, I figured out why the old potato in the bathing suit trick didn't work for you. The potato goes IN THE FRONT.

WHOA!

Note to self.
When using a weed burner to light lump, be aware that millions
of tiny fireballs will erupt into the sky, and near your person.

I have been trying to get the hang of using B&B lump in my new Gator and I have found that success is all in the right adjustment of inlet dampers and flu damper. I want very specific operation when I grill as far as time before turning the meat.

I can only recall the sage advice of my friend Pigs, who said..

"Lump does NOT burn hotter than charcoal."

Maybe not in different circumstances.

I ended up putting the lid on the kettle to calm down the sparks,
shut down the air flow, went back later to check on it, and when
I lifted the lid, my fingers seared to the lid! I threw the lid, and
knocked it out of whack! It doesn't fit the kettle anymore!!!!!

Damn, this lump better give me the best chicken I've ever made.
I'm a right handed stump, no fitting lid mf'er right now.

See! If that lid where made from 1/4" plate it twoodn't have bent at all. :grin: Don't worry bout the hand we can jes call ya "Lefty" :!:

I have a kettle lid kinda like yours-chipped paint & bent. Mine hit a bounced off the concrete & hit a fence post. Damn they get Hot!! I use a welding glove now :!: Hope yor hand is ok.
I also found that if you use the MM it will work better. I put about 2/3 of chimney of unlit around the grate & then light a chimney with about 1/3 -1/2 full and pour it in the middle. I light the chimney on a turkey fryer. :!:

lol....Ive also got a kettle lid like yours..mine is thanks to my "puppy" chasing my other dog around and knocking my kettle over...

Cappy,

How was the overall quallity of the charcoal specifically to the size of the pieces? I've experienced small pieces that fall through a Weber chimney with some of the brands I've tried. I'm going to try Whole Foods brand next. I don't know why, the distance traveled is the same as a trip to Marvin's meats. Frank is much better company and I get free pork skins when he's there. A trip to Whole Foods though gets me some of that chicken sausage with the aritchokes in it. Yummmm. Frank retails Nature Glo.

Good Q!

Jack

Man I was really surprised how good it was...there was the pictures on the nakewhiz site that indicated about a third large, medium, small.
This looked much more like large and medium in mine. Very happy with it indeed, except for burning part of my pinky off and ruining my grill lid.

I might suggest that you lighten up on the adult beverages and be more aware of your surroundings. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Pan in or out? Rub, marinade or both? Sauce or nekid?

Inquiring minds and all.

Good Q!

Jack

you asking about my pinky?

no marinade, there was probably a little rub on there. No sauce.
If it had one of those little turkey popup timers, it would have popped
up. Put Rev. Marvins sauce on there...believe it or not, the mustard vinegar combo pulls the sting out..

Is there anything this sauce can't do?

Captain Morgan said:
you asking about my pinky?

no marinade, there was probably a little rub on there. No sauce.
If it had one of those little turkey popup timers, it would have popped
up. Put Rev. Marvins sauce on there...believe it or not, the mustard vinegar combo pulls the sting out..

Is there anything this sauce can't do?

So your saying that you took the pan out and rubbed it nekid until the little thingy popped up with reverend marvins sauce. We need to take this to the blue room. I'm disappointed with Rev. I thought he had standards. [-X [-X #-o

Jack

Back
Top Bottom