BBQ of the month

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
Recently I received a gift that was a "bbq of the month" kinda thing. The giver explained there were a lot of 'em on the internet but that it was tough finding one that delivered to Alaska.

But I digress. The first installment was delivered today. I wondered if any of you guys ever heard of, or had personal experience with, "Nantucket Off-Shore Prairie Rub" (I know, sounds like there are some mutually exclusive words in the name of that product.) It comes from Fall River, MA. The sauce of the month was "Daddy-Natty's Bar B-Q Sauce", a thin red sauce from Birmingham, AL.

I'm curious what you know about these items.

Griff

I got nothing.

Fall River, MA the boyhood home of Emeril Lagasse.
2.gif

Here's a partial report on the Nantucket Off-Shore Prairie Rub. The ingredients on the label in order are pepper, yellow mustard, and garlic. This looks like it'd be easy to replicate at home. Here's a pic of the lid and contents.

I haven't cracked the seal on the Daddy-Natty's Bar B-Q Sauce. If I do that it needs refrigeration and I have more cabinet space than refer space.

Nick Prochilo said:
Start cooking Griff! Lets here the results.

Nick, I'll report as soon as I cook with it. Temp this morning was 6*, right now it is 18*. I don't have time until the weekend anyway, and I scored a bunch of Bering Sea red king crab that I'm cooking this weekend.

Griff[/img]

Griff
Come on man whats a lil cool air?
LOL Man I live in the So. Calif. desert
Will be 88 today Just think I am a wuss
because I am when it come to winter

Griff said:
Here's a partial report on the Nantucket Off-Shore Prairie Rub. The ingredients on the label in order are pepper, yellow mustard, and garlic. This looks like it'd be easy to replicate at home. Here's a pic of the lid and contents.

I haven't cracked the seal on the Daddy-Natty's Bar B-Q Sauce. If I do that it needs refrigeration and I have more cabinet space than refer space.

How can that be Griff? Don't you live in Alaska? Just put it outside! Or would that be freezer space by now? :D

Kloset BBQR said:
How can that be Griff? Don't you live in Alaska? Just put it outside! Or would that be freezer space by now? :D

Good point Kloset. In fact, all winter I use the inside of my gasser for extra freezer space. It's refrigerator space I'm short. Guess I'm gonna have to drink more beer to free up the space.

Griff

Bob

I agree. Keep in mind this was a gift and I greatly appreciate the thought. Having said that I looked at the cost on the web site and your estimate was pretty close. I am looking forward to trying the various suaces and rubs I'll receive in the future. Like you I want to develop my own some day but need to try a lot more before I'm ready for that.

Griff

Griff,

Buy this book:

http://www.barbecue-store.com/paulkirks ... cebook.htm

This book gives you step by step instructions on how to build your own rubs and sauces and what spices to use. To this day I refer to it more than any other book I have bought. There are also numerous recipes for rubs and sauces in the book. I wouldn't steer you wrong, it's a great book.

Kloset BBQR said:
Griff said:

Refer space? How come you never share at the cook-offs?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom