Bobberger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Bobberger, c'mon in, have yourself a look around, then jump right in.

Good to have you on board.

Hey
I was looking for the place to introduce myself, Morgan, but I couldnt see the forrest through the Cheese :D or is it trees ???

Anyhow
I live in NY, on Long Island.. Resettled back here about 5 years ago after about a 20 year, or so , road trip, so to speak... been cooking since the early seventies, and starting with the Weber Kettle, 22 and 18 inch and WSM about 1982... Am relatively new to smoking, but enjoy it alot.. find it similar to indirect, in some ways... have had some good smokes and some disasters Brisket and me aint gettin along so well these day #-o

Anyhow .. that's it for now hope to be on here regularly

and one more thing .. Morgan I'm heading your way in a few weeks SeaBrook Island SC just south of Kiawah.. do you know of any good que places down there?? got do a family road trip from there to NC uggg!!! I figure if i keep em filled with food they might not yack the whole time :eek:

Thanks in advance

Bob

Welcome aboard. Dont let anyone here scare you off.
1.gif

Bobberqer said:
and one more thing .. Morgan I'm heading your way in a few weeks SeaBrook Island SC just south of Kiawah.. do you know of any good que places down there?? got do a family road trip from there to NC uggg!!! I figure if i keep em filled with food they might not yack the whole time :eek:

Thanks in advance

Bob

yep. Just finished my complilation of SC joints, got about a hundred,
about half with a review by someone or another. Will get out the map and post tomorrow about the best places near you. Jack W. may chime
in with a more advanced opinion.

Okay bobberger, where on LI are you from? I'm from Northport. BTW, Ignore everything Larry says about New York & Long Island, he just jealous that he doesn't live here!

Hey Nick .. I'm from the south shore , Lindenhurst... I saw on another post that you get your Tri-tip from Trader Joes I normally get mine from a local butcher in Amityville and East Islip , for either $3.99- 4.99 a pound I saw them last week at the Commack Trader Joes for i think it was either $5.99 or $6.99 a pound

Not sure who Larry is where is he from??? If he's from the other side of the Mason Dixon line, show understanding .. it aint his fault.. #-o

Morgan, thanks, cant wait to se that map, and with reviews.. I'm impressed !!!..Que might be the only thing that makes this trip tolerable :eek:

Good Luck to ya

Bob

Commack Trader Joes had them last week for $5.79 per pound. They usually sell them for $4.99 per pound. I always go and take the three or four that are on the shelf and freeze what I'm not gonna cook. I have a niece in Lindenhurst. Larry is alright, I just have to bust his chops every now and then. He's been known to break mine also!

Nick Prochilo said:
Commack Trader Joes had them last week for $5.79 per pound. They usually sell them for $4.99 per pound. I always go and take the three or four that are on the shelf and freeze what I'm not gonna cook. I have a niece in Lindenhurst. Larry is alright, I just have to bust his chops every now and then. He's been known to break mine also!

Bob, Nicks a pretty good guy. He's the only one from the NY area I get along with! You seem to be okay too, since you agreed with my view about the chicken over the other meat Poll.

Don't give up on your briskets Bob, we'll get you cooking them great everytime. There's alot of folks here that are willing to help you get it right!

BTW Bob, I gotta ask a question. "You don't use a Guru, do you?" :-k

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2szgxt1n]Commack Trader Joes had them last week for $5.79 per pound. They usually sell them for $4.99 per pound. I always go and take the three or four that are on the shelf and freeze what I'm not gonna cook. I have a niece in Lindenhurst. Larry is alright, I just have to bust his chops every now and then. He's been known to break mine also!

Bob, Nicks a pretty good guy. He's the only one from the NY area I get along with! You seem to be okay too, since you agreed with my view about the chicken over the other meat Poll.

Don't give up on your briskets Bob, we'll get you cooking them great everytime. There's alot of folks here that are willing to help you get it right![/quote:2szgxt1n]

Hey, don't forget Bill! I know he's almost a canuck, but technicaly he's from NY!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1karkehq][quote="Nick Prochilo":1karkehq]Commack Trader Joes had them last week for $5.79 per pound. They usually sell them for $4.99 per pound. I always go and take the three or four that are on the shelf and freeze what I'm not gonna cook. I have a niece in Lindenhurst. Larry is alright, I just have to bust his chops every now and then. He's been known to break mine also!

Don't give up on your briskets Bob, we'll get you cooking them great everytime. There's alot of folks here that are willing to help you get it right![/quote:1karkehq]

Hey, don't forget Bill! I know he's almost a canuck, but technicaly he's from NY![/quote:1karkehq]

I didn't forget him. 8-[ Canuck is what you call him huh?? I had other nicknames in mind...... :-k

Well Larry we might just get along then... besides I lived in VA for a for a few years... Richmond area.. nice place...

Nick If you ever go to visit your niece in Lindenhusrt, you are not far from a place that I get my meat from .. Harbour Market, in Amityville... 2 traffic lights east of 110, at Montauk Hwy...on the right hand side right next to Stop and Shop... If you go there, tell em you know me ( it's a NY thing :D ) ask for Frankie the butcher, or Al the owner, tell em you want the tri-tips that come 2-3 in a bag... he also has skirt steak, whole, $3.99 a pound, and hanger steaks for the same price.. Sometimes he makes the public buy 7=8 pounds of the Hangers to get he price, but other times he has em in smaller packages, like yesterday ... .. he also has THE best bread around.. brick oven stuff from the guy in Oyster Bay, Luiggi

god luck to yaz

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom