Bullet or One Touch ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
Sold my Lyfetyme. Need a grill before The Bandit Extreme arrives. Weber Bullet or Weber One Touch Gold? Why?

Doesn't the On Touch give you a lot more space? Say a couple of briskets or a big turkey, and more burgers?

You can grill on the WSM as well as smoke...I don't think you can smoke as well on a kettle but you will have more grilling space with it. What are you going to do more of? :)

Greg,
Probably just steaks, burgers, and cutup chickens. Might try some of the meatloafs and pizza recipes that I've seen guys do. Some times there will be days that I just don't want to fire up the Extreme, and just use the Weber under the carport. I'm sure everyone's been there before. The only small smoker I've had was the ECB basic $40 model. I plan on heading to the Home Depot or Academy tomorrow.

I'd go with the Weber one touch gold. Sounds like your grilling more than smoking and you did use the term grill. I'd also get the rotisserie ring option.
The extra height the ring gives you will allow you to smoke just about anything and put out some terrific grilled food too. Rotisserie chicken is awesome. In my opinion beer can chicken doesn't compare. Once your smoker arrives, you'll have all the smoking capacity you'll need plus a damn fine grill and rotisserie too.

Go with the Bullet, Mike! It's already famous for it's smoking ability so when you just wanna do a small smoke it's there for you and you don't have to fire up the BE. It also works great as a grill.

I'd still go with the one touch. If you go with the WSM, once your smoker arrives, you'll have two smokers but no grill. It's really a no brainer.

The WSM is a great smoker, but I wouldn't want to rely on it as a grill.

Yeah, you can kinda smoke on the kettle too...just not for as long.
As Cappy says I love my kettle! ...had a nice sirloin and some roasted Bok choy...nearly filled the whole 22.5 inches. No way I'd be able to do that on my bullet.

Any preference on the Gold over the Silver? Seems like a $50 ash catcher is the only difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom