Need some quick help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, definitely steam them Bill. All of the crab legs are pre-cooked, all you wanna do is warm them up, you don't want to over heat them or they'll be mushy.

They are in the steamer and I have some shrimp in a butter/garlic sauce over pasta. Love it when the wife finds these "sales".

Larry is right. All crab is cooked prior to freezing. In fact, they are killed, cleaned and tossed into giant boiling vats within seconds of being killed. Then they are frozen. They are no good otherwise.

Of course they are best if killed and instantly tossed into a big pot of boiling seawater without ever seeing a freezer. If you've got frozen crab, you can either steam or boil as all you really doing is re-heating them.

Crab are in season now. I just heard an ad on the radio today -- live king crab at $10.99 a pound. Think I'm going to be boiling up some over the weekend.

Griff

Thanks guys. They turned out great. I added a little vinager to the pot to sweeten them up. The shrimp pasta was good as well. I added cream cheese and 1/2 and 1/2 at the end and gave it a creamy sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom