need help temp gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chemmutk

Assistant Cook
I own a 18inch charcoal kettle which doesnt have a temp gauge. Is it possible to mount Master chef OEM temp gauge over my kettles lid? Does those OEM temp gauges comes with a probe???

Here is one you can get from Amazon for $8.00 and will work just fine, if you look on eBay you will find the same with cheaper shipping. I have used these on several grills. Another option is to stick one of these thru a vent hole. Dome temperature is a relative thing in a grill.

Temperature Gauge

I mounted my temperature gauge in my 18-1/2" Weber Jumbo Joe Kettle like you see in the picture.

img_266971_0_65b10f38b156bc1e80fe4275b2025757.jpg

I didn't feel like there was enough room in the top of the lid and wanted the gauge to read the temperature closer to the cooking grid. Works great...

That's nice dave....whr did u get that bezal around the gauge? Came with temp gauge?

Thermometer

Both the thermometer and the bezel are Weber products. This setup is a little more expensive as compared to some other products but is sure the best looking setup out there.

Dave

Dave, Do you think this will fit for my 18 inch kettle ? Its Centro brand and comes with a bezal...

Dave, Do you think this will fit for my 18 inch kettle ? Its Centro brand and comes with a bezal...

That appears to be similar to the thermometer that I purchased for my Cobb. I use the Cobb as an oven when living in my Caravan, so a thermometer becomes more important. I haven't tried it yet (but will in a couple of weeks). There is little reason for it not to work.

That appears to be similar to the thermometer that I purchased for my Cobb. I use the Cobb as an oven when living in my Caravan, so a thermometer becomes more important. I haven't tried it yet (but will in a couple of weeks). There is little reason for it not to work.
Thank u dennis. I also thot the same since the one with bezal may touch the lid and make less room for the probe to go in completely...

PS; Anywys , my marinate is kept it refrigerator. Tommorrow is the day. Will post you the snaps.... kind of nervous... 8 people coming for dinner. lets see..

Those Weber thermometer aren't the most accurate thermometers. I have one on my WSM and the reading is off about 25 degrees.

@vermin : yes...few were complaining upto 50 degrees off. Anywys I hv ordered one from China. Coz majority of eBay and amazon US shops sell these Chinese manufactured item only except few brands like "tel ru "..hope I spelled it right.

Back
Top Bottom