Baby Back Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Did 3 slabs of baby backs today for dinner.

1) Mustard slather, Head Country Rub, Head Country Sauce
2) Worsty Sauce, Texas BBQ Rub Original, Sweet Baby Rays
3) Mustard Slather, HomeBBQ Rib Rub, Sweet baby Rays

Roayl Oak lump, 3 small pecan 3 small cherry chunks, sand in the pan, Minion Method. Used W/S rib rack.

Kept avg temp at top grate betw. 235-245 put ribs on at 12:50pm, sprayed with apple juice at the halves.

Sauced them at 4:10pm, took them off at 4:45pm

Very tender, came clean from the bone at the bite. Here are some pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/album/446014729grTeRY

Were they cooked on the WSM and finished on the grill? How were the end ribs? Look GOOOODD!! =P~ =P~

Sand in the pan ~ Never mind.....

No, I just put the grill next to the WSM to act as a work table when it is time to sauce and move, etc. The ends were a little over done, they were right against the hood until they shrunk a little.

Nick Prochilo said:
Great looking ribs Bruce! Which did you like better 1, 2 or 3?

I liked the Texas BBQ Rub ones best, but I don't like SBR sauce on them. I like the sauce but just not with that rub.

Tell you though, Head Country was a close second, using their rub and sauce the ribs come out fantastic.

I guess it's a toss up.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3nj1kl41]Great looking ribs Bruce! Which did you like better 1, 2 or 3?

I liked the Texas BBQ Rub ones best, but I don't like SBR sauce on them. I like the sauce but just not with that rub.

Tell you though, Head Country was a close second, using their rub and sauce the ribs come out fantastic.

I guess it's a toss up.[/quote:3nj1kl41]

Bruce I gotta agree, when combined the Head Country rub and sauce combined on ribs is great!!

Bruce B said:
... Head Country was a close second, using their rub and sauce the ribs come out fantastic.
Bruce, was the Head Country sauce Hot or Orig?

Back
Top Bottom