Electric grill sticking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charmees

Assistant Cook
Hey

I am new to grilling and bought myself a electric grill on my balcony, since that is only type that is allowed.
I got myself a brand new Weber Q1400 Weber® Q® 1400™ | Weber.com

I heat it up to 75%-100% of its power and then put on my meat, whether it is pork or chicken. The problem is that always the meat sticks very much and when trying to turn over the meat or take it off, a lot of it is stuck antdburnt to the grill.

Can you please give me suggestions of what should I be doing to avoid it, or I am doing something wrong?

Rub your meat with vegetable oil right before putting on the grill (not the grill), also don't touch the meat until it has time to caramelize where it is touching the grill

Rub your meat with vegetable oil right before putting on the grill (not the grill), also don't touch the meat until it has time to caramelize where it is touching the grill

I think I have tried it, but I will try more :D

just extra info that the meat is inside of some kind of marinade sauce usually

one thing also is that, it always sticks from the point it is raw
after it has cooked from somewhere, it does not stick anymore. but the raw meat sticks very well :)

ok cool, thanks :)

about breaking it in, after each grill there is lots of charcoal and burnt meat attached to the grill surface, because it sticks so much.

should I clean it completely each time with water and soap? I must soak it for a long time before debris goes softer, and it is still hard to get it off. I am not using any metal brush though, because I am afraid it will scratch the grill surface.

Don't clean it for awhile, let it break in
You can get a brush made for that surface, they are tougher then you think

Porcelain Wire Grid Brush - Model 8985027 - Grilling Accessories

it has a lot of burnt meat there and it has quite strong smell, so when I move the grill inside for the night, the whole room will smell like something has burned real hard.

can I should clean the most of it, but not try to get all small residue?

You can clean everything but leave the grates alone, put them in a plastic bag and tie shut to keep the smell away

Hey

I am new to grilling and bought myself a electric grill on my balcony, since that is only type that is allowed.
I got myself a brand new Weber Q1400 Weber® Q® 1400™ | Weber.com

I heat it up to 75%-100% of its power and then put on my meat, whether it is pork or chicken. The problem is that always the meat sticks very much and when trying to turn over the meat or take it off, a lot of it is stuck antdburnt to the grill.

Can you please give me suggestions of what should I be doing to avoid it, or I am doing something wrong?

bro you just need to use oil.What a coincidence,I had same problems on same grill Weber Q1400

Back
Top Bottom