Cubano Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
This cook was inspired after watching Chef on Netflix.

Made a marinade using a couple oranges, lemon, oregano, garlic, dehydrated onion, cumin, salt and olive oil. I had a pork sirloin roast in the freezer so I defrosted it overnight and then placed it in the marinade for about 5 hours

I strained the liquid off of the marinade and left the solids on the roast and placed it in a small CI pan and cooked it indirect till 140

Sliced. I added a little water to the pan to loosen up everthing, let the water reduce and added it to the pork.

Some tater tots on the grill and preheating a pan to sear some ham and the sirloin roast

Picked up some forest ham at the deli and had them slice them a litter thicker than normal, then on the pan for a little color

Bread with a little mustard and swiss cheese

pork roast getting a little color too!

Sandwich assembled with a little pickle on top

Sliced in half and into the sandwich press

My plate, served with some tater tots and some Baja corn blend.

I dig the deli mustard the traditional ones they use plain old yellow mustard

Ok the movie makes food truck owners look like dicks. You know, we work really hard. It's not a fun "road trip" we actually have permits, heath inspections, commercial kitchens that we work out of. It's a real job. It's not a joke. And then at the end, the dude is like "thank god I'm working for some Asshole in a "real" restaurant again! God forbid I'd have to be a man and stand on my own with the food truck."

And for what it's worth, I make a killer Cuban sandwich too. On a food truck!

5vuafd.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom