Poor Mans Kalbi Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
I don't know what else to call it. I bought some Kalbi marinade a couple of weeks ago and was ready to give it a try. Went to the store and short ribs were $5.99/lb. Chuck steaks cut for carne asada were $2.49/lb. No brainer, went with the chuck steaks. Trimmed most of the fat from the chuck steaks and then cut them into strips.

Beef in the marinade for approx hours.

Cooked direct

Finished cooking

Served over rice. Turned out really good, glad I didn't spend the extra dough on short ribs.

Looks mighty good. Now kindly tell us the difference twixt carne asada and fajitas. Thanks.

Looks mighty good. Now kindly tell us the difference twixt carne asada and fajitas. Thanks.

To me carne asada is thinly sliced then chopped beef either marinaded or seasoned with some kind of Mexican blend seasonings.

Fajitas pretty much the same thing but with bell peppers and onions added and served inside a tortilla and usually served with cour cream and guacamole.

I think you Texans have a different definition for fajitas but not sure what it is.

To me carne asada is thinly sliced then chopped beef either marinaded or seasoned with some kind of Mexican blend seasonings.

Fajitas pretty much the same thing but with bell peppers and onions added and served inside a tortilla and usually served with cour cream and guacamole.

I think you Texans have a different definition for fajitas but not sure what it is.

No need to explain to the Mouth breather.............nice work end of sentence

Back
Top Bottom