Dad's Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
My Dad is a pretty good cook, an excellent baker but doesn't really like to grill. He keeps telling me to try this chicken he makes. He does it on the stove, I decided to do it on the grill. I don't know if this is his recipe or something he found.

He estimates like I do but he told me to do 2 parts Coke/Pepsi, 2 Parts Orange or pineapple juice and one part soy sauce. Use BSCTs and simmer till sauce thickens. I used one cup Coke/ one cup of Pinapple/Orange juice and half cup low sodium soy sauce. Next time I will only use a 1/4 cup soy sauce, was a little too salty for my taste.

Thighs and sauce mixture in a pot.

Once the chicken thighs was done I seared them and set them aside and let the sauce reduce to a syrup consistency

Once the sauce reduced I added the thighs back in and tossed them around to get them coated.

One of my usual sides in the wok

Plated

Was pretty good, will make it again. Next time I will use half the amount of soy sauce, maybe add a clove or two of garlic and also let the sauce reduce a little before I add the chicken.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, I wonder what the sauce would taste like if it was cooked and reduced in medium smoke with applewood

Hey hopefully Dad can be part of the team when Vermin gets on Food TV. Think Alton is headed out the door since he supposedly married or maybe is fixng to marry another guy..now aint the thought of that honey moon a real appetite enhancer?

Back
Top Bottom