Lowlands BBQ Championship, Sept. 13-14, Belgium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeertV

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

The Belgian BBQ Team Matthias organises the first KCBS sanctioned Lowlands BBQ Championship, in cooperation with the Dutch BBQ Foundation (Tony Stone Competition).
The competition will take place on September 13th and 14th 2014 in Diksmuide, Belgium.
Eight courses must be handed in divided over two days:
4 classic KCBS dishes (chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, beef brisket)
4 dishes European Style: 1 pork and 1 kangaroo, the others have to be decided (fish, ...)

The prize money is 12.000 $ and the winner will be in the final draw for an invitation to The Jack 2015.

You can find more information on our site (Lowlands BBQ Championship) and follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/BBQderlagelanden)

I hope to meet some of you there!

Best regards,
Geert

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like an awesome event! for $12,000 bucks I'm half tempted to fly over there and see if I can't win that! Er, what Y'all think the luggage fee would be for an 1100 lb pit?

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that 90% of the new people that sign up on this site are just advertising bot, or is it just me? I see this often, someone will sign up on this site and post on post and they never return, and it is usually to advertise something, or post up a servey.....

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that 90% of the new people that sign up on this site are just advertising bot, or is it just me? I see this often, someone will sign up on this site and post on post and they never return, and it is usually to advertise something, or post up a servey.....
No, probably not 90% but a LOT of them. Some of them seem to school (maybe college or high school) kids trying to get us to do their research for them. You can usually tell by the tone of the post, and YES by the ads in the very first post.

I usually like to poke the trolls with my pointy stick, but it must be MIA right now.:(

Our website is updated with much needed program, jury and competition information for the teams and judges. Go check it out!

PS I also changed the decimal point:rolleyes:

To all the teams, judges and future judges who haven't registered yet: this is the perfect time to DO so if you want to enjoy your vacation with peace of mind
For the ones interested in becoming a judge, a Judging Class is held on Saturday morning (Sept. 13th) by our American KCBS Reps. Entry fee is only 75euro!
Carolyn Wells, president of the KCBS will be attending our contest: the first in Europe! It will be a unique chance to meet her.

Hope to see you all there!

Have a lot of fun (grilling
wink.gif
)!
Geert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom