Your Favorite Lump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I could I would use my Ex as the"LUMP"......God knows she lives up to the title.........:rock:

If used as a stick light only........cheaper the better for me........

As far as charcoal goes,I am a Kingsford guy. I only use it for grillin, and bbq starters though. I burn a lot of mulberry wood

For birds on a small pit I like Ozark Oak. For fodder on a big pit direct/indirect with or without the optional water pan type cooking the large bore mesquite lump form mejico which comes in the 40 lb bags if my favorite. Chef's Choice was the name of the last brand I got. It poses in some locales as Lazarri. Can usually be obtained from the big grocery/restaurant wholesale distributors. Sysco..Ben E. Keith etc.

I don't have a favorite. I like Royal Oak a lot but I keep finding rocks in the bag and I am tired of buying rocks instead of charcoal. About the only other choice of lump I have is mesquite which has become my go to as of late. Its really cheap and I can get it everywhere. It does spark a lot and creates a lot of ash though.

One thing I like about Rock Wood is the Consistency in Lump Size and the fact there is very very little ash. That has been with my experience with it. Luckily there is a dealer very close by.

Mostly, whatever I can find. Gordon's Food Service has some with their name on it that is made by Royal Oak, and so far, I haven't found any rocks or fiberglass in it like in the regular Royal Oak. Maybe Gordon's has set more strict standards for their branded lump, or maybe I have just been lucky.

I did not realize that kingsford made lump...

The only popping brand i ever got was B&B brand..from Texas. That stuff is violent and sooty. Never noticed the cheap mexico lump popping that much. It can be a little sooty for chicken on small pits but dont seem bad on bigger pits.

Not really a big Lump kinda guy, Most know I use Kingsford Blue bag, but occasionally I do use Lump. When I do, I use Cowboy, or Royal Oak.

Back
Top Bottom