Buying a Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jac1303

Assistant Cook
How much would yall offer for this? it's dimensions are about 8X3 without the smoke box and 11X3 with it. if yall need any other info let me know. It's just sitting in someone's junk pile.

etwrh2.jpg

zyh7yx.jpg

2uhl73n.jpg

245j5nm.jpg

von11u.jpg

21n0f11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one rusty smoker!
That's what I was thinking. Maybe offer 'em $25 or so? You don't really know if there are any places that it is rusted through anywhere. That will effect it's performance, and a rusty pit is hard to patch. Might cost more than starting from scratch.

just looks like surface rust from the pics. I think a motivated/handy person could make it work, without too much cost. But then, I found most of my cookers in the trash, so I'm kind of biased on this. Jac, I really hope you can get this pit and make it work. I would love to see it restored.

Last edited:
Dont sand blast the inside. That make it dribble sand in your stuff for decades. I would hook it up and wash it down inside and out with cooking oil and put a big fire in the hole. When that cools down..repeat the process. The outside will turn black like a skillet and should make a fine cooking machine. Little work wth the wire brush on the grates. I am liking the sound of this.

Back
Top Bottom