Pollo Asada Tortas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Started out roasting some jalapenos and green onions. These jalapenoes were too hot to eat. I had one and it darned near killed me. My Wife couldn't eat them either.

In a CI pan some jalapenos that were seeded and deveined along with some onion were sauteed.

Picked up 2 lbs marinated Pollo Asada at a Mexican Market. Started the chicken indirect. After about 15 minutes I cooked them direct to get some color on them.

Moved them indirect to let them finish cooking. The only one that needed more time was the thicker one.

Let it rest for a bit them chopped it up.

Added some mayo to a bolio and toasted it on the grill

Torta consisted of beans, lettuce, tomato, avocado, the chicken, sauteed onion/jalapeno and Panela cheese. Served with the green onion, tomato slices and some chips with beans.

Looks amazing brother.

I may have asked this before, but where did you get those cast iron cooking grates for your Weber?

Dang yall eat good. Remember where you got them hot japs so you can go get some more. The ones we tend to get around here are about like bell peppers on the Scovil scale. I think they water them too much or something.

Dang yall eat good. Remember where you got them hot japs so you can go get some more. The ones we tend to get around here are about like bell peppers on the Scovil scale. I think they water them too much or something.

I bought some more hoping my luck would change, nope those were extremely hot too. I did buy a bunch since they were really cheap. I gonna slice them up, dehydrate them for future uses.

Back
Top Bottom