WSM and Guru not reaching over 210 degrees?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I'm betting that the cold meat laying up agains the rib rack is causing the therms to read colder than it really is in your pit. The rain on your coals prolly didn't help any either. The indicated temp will prolly come up with time but I'm betting it's hotter in there than you think.

Not really. The therms will prolly pull a tooth pick right out of the meat. I usually use a smaller block of wood to put a therm through and clip to that but if your rib rack is so large that none of the rungs on the grate are available to clip to......

Yeah, what Bryan said. #-o Just make sure that the Guru's therm stays away from the heat wall rising around the WSM. Otherwise, you'll have the opposite effect.

Here's my WSM (Weber Smokey Mountain) with a Guru attached.

Bills%20WSM%202a.JPG

Here's a close up of the Guru. It is an electro/mechanical device that allows you to control the temperature of your pit while monitoring the internal temperature of what you're cooking.

Mounted_Competitor_640x480.JPG

I've only used it a couple of times. Got the idea from Shotgun Fred himself. :!:

It is also in the manual at: http://www.thebbqguru.com/images/TheBBQ ... rev2.4.pdf

3.4.1. Power Draft Blower Beep - Remote Monitoring with a Baby Monitor
The BBQ GURU can be used with a baby monitor to provide remote feedback while cooking. The BBQ GURU can be put in the baby monitor mode by pressing the Alarm Silence key for 10 seconds. This enables a constant tone to beep whenever the blower turns on. Using a baby monitor, this can tell you that the BBQ GURU and pit are “breathingâ€

Back
Top Bottom