Pulp Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Pulp Chicken
The other night as I suggested I would I put eight boneless skinless thighs seasoned with my Citrus Rub into a Zip Lock bag and poured in about eight ounces of fine orange pulp from oranges I had juiced during the week. I let those marinate until yesterday evening and reseasoned them just a tad with more Citrus Rub and then onto a hot grill they went. While they were grilling I took the remaining eight or ten ounces of pulp and added some honey and some Citrus Rub to make a finishing glaze. This came out really tasty. To know I had been tossing out all that pulp all this time. Actually I could have probably left out the honey as the pulp was so sweet.
img_257927_0_4d1e08a3d4b7aa8d98808c6154a3d727.jpg

img_257927_1_600f7efcca82acbcb1dd4428c2f9d73a.jpg

Alright this was a really casual meal and I just grabbed a paper plate to warm some of the leftover veggies from Saturday's crawfish boil and just decided to eat from it.
Of course we had plenty of baby creamer potatoes and I added some fresh green beans and okra from the boil which came out delicious. The beans and okra would be fantastic in a bloody mary.
I just added some butter and that was it.
img_257927_2_c27e2b24639e4437b309c73a2741caf5.jpg

The Pulp Chicken will definitely be something I'll be doing again. It came out absolutely fantastic!!!
I bet it would be great with pork and I'm sure beef too.​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom