Bacon Wrapped Sonoran Hot Dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
I happened on an episode of Food Wars from Tucson AZ and the war was between two places making something called a Sonoran Hot Dog. They looked easy and tasty enough that I wanted to give them a try. I took a few liberties with the dogs made by BK Carne Asada & Hot Dogs.

I did two bacon wrapped dogs and some Reverend Marvin's grilled onions on my flattop plate. BK used regular yellow mustard he also used pinto beans, I used Bush's Grillin' Beans. Assembly is a layer of beans, grilled onions, the bacon wrapped dog, diced tomatoes, chopped onions, jalapeño relish (I had to make this), mayonnaise and a little more Reverend Marvin's. Like most topped dogs these were really messy, but good enough that I'll do them again. I'm on the lookout for Bush's Texas Ranchero Grillin' Beans (Pinto Beans Simmered with Mild Jalapeño in a Red Chili Sauce) to get a little more traditional. Like most cooks I believe I can improve on this one next time. Smaller bun, lesser amounts of all toppings, a thin bacon to wrap the dog and maybe tooth picking the bacon on the dog while grilling.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0533.jpg